thirty-five

Quinn Jackson ◊  

"Ready to play a little game?" Kronos asked, and everyone was silently struggling against the wall. I cried out as Kronos approached Luke, who was still sitting on his throne.

"Oh Luke," He called, circling the chair and I quickly ran over to Luke only to have Kronos push me back onto the ground. I hit the floor hard, my head colliding and I groaned but quickly sat back up.

Lyla was standing off in the corner, and I glared at her as she remained silent.

"Luke, you always were my favorite. I am sorry to do this to you, but the others just weren't in the same position as you are." Kronos said, chuckling darkly and Luke watched him as he stood near me once more.

"You, Kronos, are nothing but a coward. You are not worthy of this position or anything else you think you deserve." Luke spoke, his voice barely a whisper and Kronos laughed as he shook his head.

Not a sane laugh either, a laugh where the man has gone completely insane and has no limits anymore. It was terrifying.

"Kronos, why are you doing this anyways?" Luke muttered, and Kronos glared as he shook his head once more.

"Oh, this is the part where you want the monologue." Kronos said, and I rolled my eyes as I stood once again. I walked over to Luke and knelt beside him, and Kronos glared but did not do anything.

"Get your time in Quinn, because soon you will be my wife. Soon, Luke will cease to exist. Soon, I will take my rightful place as ruler." He growled, and I clenched my fists but Luke glanced at me. I hugged him tightly, whimpering as he could barely hold on.

"I love you," I whispered and he smiled as he gently pressed his lips against my cheek. He pulled back slightly as he looked into my eyes, giving me a knowing look and I frowned as confusion crept through.

"I love you too. Michael finished your dagger, it's beneath the arm rest." He whispered back, his voice barely audible and I tried to keep myself contained as I secretly felt along before feeling the cold metal hit my palm.

I stayed so that it looked as if Luke and I were whispering to each other still, before sliding the dagger up the arm rest and into the sleeve of my shirt, before hugging Luke to secure it in place one last time before Kronos violently pulled me back.

I bit my lip as the dagger hit me gently, the knife cutting my skin but I kept quiet. I kept my arm away from Kronos, keeping his eyes focused on me only.

"Kronos, please. I do not know how much longer I have with Luke and I want to cherish it. And then you will be my husband, my King." I whispered to him, and a smug smile came on his face as he nodded slightly.

"Ten minutes Quinn, that is all you have left. Say your goodbyes." He muttered, taking Lyla by her arm and she glared at me before she was out of the room, and Kronos was shutting the door behind him.

The rest of the council all stared up at me, and I looked around as I tried to figure out what to do.

"I don't know what to do you guys, I'm only mortal. I can't go against a titan, I'm going to fail you all. I am so sorry." I whispered, and Luke shook his head as he motioned for me to come closer to him.

"No, Quinn. Everyone has faith in you. They all love you and I love you. I believe in you."

"Luke, how though? He would see it coming and he has power that I don't have." I mumbled, and he looked at me, his eyes heavy and I knew he didn't have long.

"Everyone has a power Quinn, you just have to discover yours." He said, and I glanced around at all the faces I had come to love and appreciate, tears forming in my eyes at the realization that this could be the last time ever seeing them.