theta

Quinn Jackson ◊

"Quinn, just remember to breath." Luke whispered, and I nodded as I took a deep breath and smiled, and he squeezed my hand as we stood there.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming out to this tonight. I appreciate all of you taking the time to be here, as well as catch up with everything that has been going on. But please, go back to partying." He said, nodding his head as he finished talking and everyone raised their glasses to him and I smiled as I looked at him.

He was so relaxed speaking in front of everyone, and smiled down at me as he gestured for to walk with him, and we immediately found Mira and Ashton, who were talking with someone I did not recognize.

He was an older man, with white hair and a white beard, and nodded at me as we approached.

"Quinn, this is Aeolus, God of the Winds." Luke said, and I smiled at him as I held my hand out and he shook it, his grip rough but he had a kind smile.

"It's lovely to meet you," I said, and he chuckled as nodded, but Luke was soon pulling me away to someone else. This time it was a woman, with a dress that looked like fire and her hair in a beautiful updo.

She had a feeling of warmth and comfort radiating from her, and Luke smiled as he looked at her, embracing her in a hug while I stood off to the side.

"She's beautiful Hades," She said, and gave an apologetic smile as she looked at him, "Luke, I'm sorry. I don't think I'll ever be used to your modern name."

"It is alright. Quinn, meet Hestia. Hestia has been one of my closest friends for as long as I can remember." He said, and Hestia smiled as she looked back at me.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Mira." She said, kissing Luke's cheek before she was walking away, and I smiled as I looked at Luke.

"She's nice." I said, and he nodded as we stood there, and he held me slightly as he looked down at me.

"Are you comfortable? Or is all of this overwhelming?" He asked, and I shook my head as I glanced around.

"There are a lot of people, but I feel comfortable by your side Luke. I will meet whoever you want me to meet," I said and he smiled as he kissed my forehead quickly, "as long as we also take time and talk to them."

"Of course Quinn, we can do that." He murmured, and he turned so he was facing the people, but still had one of his arms around my waist, and I truly felt comfortable in his arms.

"If you feel uncomfortable at any moment Quinn, do not hesitate to let me know." He said, and I nodded as he started walking towards more people.

Introduction after introduction happened, and I tried so desperately to remember everyone's names as well as what they were the god or goddess of. Near the end of the dinner, I was exhausted and ready for bed.

"I am going to go and talk to everyone." Luke murmured in my ear, and I nodded as I watched him go stand in front of everyone, and command the attention to him.

"Again, I just want to say thank you all for coming tonight. It always does good to see all of us in one room together, especially now. Tonight was a big night, as many of you know, and I cannot thank you enough for being active in this,"

His voice had such authority to it, I could see why no one would ever go against him. He spoke with genuine emotion as well, that he was actually happy to see everyone at this dinner tonight.

"I also want to thank someone else for being here tonight. In the past couple of weeks, she has made me immensely happy and she has given up her time to be active and involved with me as well. So thank you Quinn, for everything so far." He said, raising his glass to me and I blushed as everyone awe'd and looked at me.