twenty-five

Mira Ω

Quinn was still unconscious, and Luke was sitting beside her in her room. She was lying on her bed, while Luke was adjacent to her, his elbows on his knees and he was propping his head, attempting to stay awake.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched him, his eyes fluttering shut every so often before I walked over to him and scratched his shoulder slightly. His eyes opened wide at the sudden touch, before they relaxed once more.

"She's been unconscious for days, Mira." He murmured, and I nodded as I sat down on the bed beside Quinn, looking between the two. Luke looked like he hasn't slept in days; his beard was unshaven, his hair unruly and the bags under his eyes more pronounced than ever.

"Luke," I said, my voice soft and comforting as I knew that's what he needed right now, "you must rest. You cannot keep yourself here when you are exhausted."

"But Mira,"

"No but's Luke. If Quinn wakes and she needs you, you won't be able to help her. Go rest, I will watch over her." I said, and he gave me a weary look but sighed as he squeezed his hands together and looked at his love one last time.

He stood, kissing her forehead before he gave me a look of thanks and left the room. I sighed as I sat where Luke just was, propping my feet up on the bed and stared at Quinn's unconscious body.

Her skin had now returned to the color it was before thanks to Ashton's healing, but she was still pale and looked sickly.

If any mortal came into contact with a spirit that had already passed over, that person was supposed to die. Many on the council are concerned over how Quinn is holding up, especially as she still had two tests to pass.

"Well Quinn, you could wake any time now. We miss you loads, and it has been too quiet for almost two weeks around this place." I whispered, turning my head at the sound of nails against the floor, smiling as Cerberus returned to his place besides Quinn's legs.

"The tests are temporarily paused while you're under this Quinn. We're all rooting for you, people stop by to see how you're doing every day and they all give their love. Even in different ways."

"Michael misses you the most," I said but Cerberus groaned slightly and I smiled as I leaned forward to scratch his head, "Well besides Cerberus."

"You've done the best out of all of the other girls so far. The others were definitely not as good as you. And you're a favorite of the council. I think you're going to make a fantastic Queen one day Quinn, I really do."

"Queen Quinn Hemmings has a nice ring to it, or even just Queen Quinn. I think I like that better if I"m being honest, but don't tell Luke." I said, laughing to myself but I grabbed a book from her shelf and sat back down, "Don't think you'll mind if I borrow this."

Hours passed by, and people would often come and visit to see how she was doing. It wasn't until Michael walked in and sat on the opposite side of me that I realized how tired I was and how much the day had passed already.

"I'll watch over her." He said as he kept his eyes focused on Quinn, and I nodded as I got up and went into my room, where Ashton was lying on my bed and I leaned against the couch in my room, before Ashton came over and kissed me quickly.

He held me in his arms for a few seconds, his lips peppering my face with kisses and I smiled at the love and affection from him before puling away and giving him a serious look, thinking about Quinn.

"Is she going to pass?" I asked Ashton, who simply sighed as he sat down on the couch, pulling me down with him and he had a solemn expression on his face.