lambda

Luke Hemmings

I woke up, my eyes closed but I could feel Quinn's arms around me and I smiled as I opened my eyes, before memories came flooding back from last night and I gasped as I left the bed and walked out to my terrace.

"Fuck." I snarled, upset that my head was not clear last night nor do I have any memory of how we ended up in bed. While the night was magical, it was immoral and against Lyla's word and her rule. Quinn woke up, and I sighed as my head fell.

"Luke?" She whispered, sounding confused as to why or how I could be so angry in the morning and I turned to look at her, regret evident on my face and it stung seeing how upset she was.

"We should not have done that." I mumbled, and I turned back onto the balcony, feeling low as I heard her sniffle and leave the room, slamming my door behind her.

My mind felt fuzzy as I tried to think of everything that had happened last night. I did not feel as if I was in control of my own actions, and I was pissed to say the least. I got dressed, before I was wandering through the manor, trying to find anyone on the council.

"I need a council meeting," I said, and Ashton cocked his brow as he looked at me, and I glared at him as he did not move, "now."

"I'll gather the rest then. I'll meet you in the library." He said, before disappearing and I sighed as I sat down in my chair, and pinched the bridge of my nose and tried to think about what had just happened.

They all came into the room, some appearing and others walking in. Mira looked pissed at me as she sat in her chair, and I frowned as I avoided her gaze and looked away. They all looked at me, probably wondering as to why I was so angry when last night had gone so well.

"Why did you call this meeting, brother?" Arnold asked, and I frowned as I realized that I would have to tell them that Quinn and I were together, something that should remain between the couple and not shared with everyone in the family.

I needed to tell them though, and I needed to address what exactly happened last night. "Last night, Quinn and I slept together." I said, standing and everyone stared at me, shock present on their faces.

"But, I did not have any control of my actions last night. I think something happened." I murmured, and some gasped as they looked around before Arnold looked at me.

"I'll test you later to see if you're telling the truth." Arnold said, his voice booming and I drummed my fingers along the thrones arm rest, before realizing about Quinn.

"The tests, what about them?" I asked, and Lyla frowned as she crossed her arms over her chest and avoided my eye contact.

Fuck.

"Luke, you two were intimate and that is against the rules. She failed,"

"No, she should not have failed. She did not know about the rules and I think that we were drugged." I snapped, and she sighed as she looked away and I stood as I glared around the council.

"Someone has been sabotaging the tests for far too long. If any of you are behind this, you can be sure that I will never forgive you. Nor will I forget." I snarled, before turning on my heel and leaving the council to think over what I had said.

Arnold was waiting in my library, and I sighed as he sat down at the table, gesturing for me to copy him.

I rolled up my sleeves before I held my arms outstretched in front of me, closing my eyes as I took a deep breath before opening them, and watched as Arnold took grip on both of my wrists, and cleared his throat.