twenty-three

Quinn Jackson ◊ 

After I left Luke, I had spent the time figuring out what exactly I would want to do, but I knew that I wanted Luke to have what others would have as a "normal" date.

I wanted Luke to have fun, to be away from all of the stress that he has and I want to just help him out. I knew he would be willing to do whatever, though I know his curiosity would get the better of him as he always wants to know what is going on.

It wasn't that he wanted control over everything, he just is a very inquisitive person with a beautiful mind. He inspires me to be a better person.

At exactly six, there was a knock on my door and I smiled as Luke was always right on time. I answered it, smiling as he was looking back at me and I sighed as he looked at me.

I fell in love with him all over again at that moment. 

It wasn't his looks, although that was a huge plus. He was wearing black pants with black boots, and a dark grey dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

It was the way he looked at me as soon as the door opened. He had a beautiful smile on his face as he saw me, and the adoration in his eyes. His eyes were my favorite part about him.

He held out his hand and I took it as we walked downstairs, going out to the garage and I was impressed with the cars he had in his collection.

"Never took you as a car person," I said, and he simply nodded as he just followed me down and into it, before pointing to a shelf where keys were dangling from it. He selected one, and leaned against the wall as he looked at me.

"Quinn, where are we going?" He asked, and I chuckled as I shrugged my shoulders, taking the keys from him as I shook my head and climbed into the drivers side.

He sighed and climbed into the car as well, and immediately his hand found mine, interlacing our fingers together and I smiled at the gesture of affection.

Another thing that I loved about him. He is always showing affection, whether it is large or small, and is always loving towards me.

"How do you know where to even go?" He asked, a slight smirk on his face and I laughed as I pulled out of the driveway, and held up a phone Michael had given me.

"I have connections too, you know." I said, and he chuckled as he squeezed my hand, and allowed me to continue driving. The phone provided directions as it led me into a town, different than the one before.

It was a cute town, one where tourists would often visit and he cocked his brow as he looked at me, but simply nodded and kept his words to himself.

We pulled into a parking spot, and he licked his lips as we climbed out of the car, and he surveyed the area as I made my way over to him.

"Dinner first, then more fun after." I said, and he smiled as he nodded and allowed me to lead the way. We went into a small restaurant, one that wasn't a chain and a waitress sat us with a cute smile as she left us alone with the menu's.

"I never really know what to get at places I have never gone before. And that is often, as I never really leave to go anywhere." He murmured as he looked over the menu, before dropping it and looking at me.

"I trust you." He said, and with the look on his face it made me think that he meant more than what to order for him. My heart fluttered as he gave me a sincere smile, before sipping at the drink in front of him.

***

"Quinn, stop cheating." He grunted, and I giggled as I gripped the handle tighter, and he rolled his eyes as he leaned against the small house and watched me.