Chapter 20: Didn't Know He Could Like Someone

Start from the beginning

"I'll go with Chris and figure something out, don't worry about it. Io sono il capo, sapranno che cosa succede se fanno qualcosa per me.
( I'm the boss they'll know what happens if they do something to me.)" He looks too confident for my liking but I don't say anything. "You can go Rose. Send me Chris please, and I apologize for Camilla she's the consiglier by the way." He informs me and I give him a small smile.

"It's fine." I leave and close the doors. I head to the living room where everybody is talking but I don't see Chris so I head to the kitchen.

"You probably just went to sleep with every guy there, huh?" I hear Chris say with rage in his voice. I scoff softly and roll my eyes. Since when does he care about his exes sleeping with others. I didn't know he got jealous too.

"Trust me when I say that I only cared about my job and nothing else. I mean yes, I went to bars but only for drinks." I hear a female voice say, Camilla, and I stay where I am, nowhere to be seen by them, snooping. "So tell me Chris, how my girls have you slept with since I've been gone?" She asks with disgust, clearly in her voice.

Mhm. Not a surprise that he probably slept with her and she's jealous, but Chris doesn't deserve this so I step in. "Hey Chris, the boss needs you." I say coolly like if I didn't hear anything.

He sighs and nods. He goes behind Camilla and whispers something to her ear and leaves. Yes, he leaves, leaving me with Camilla. Great, I'll just leave too.

She stands next to the kitchen island and stands still, looking down, with her fists clenched. I go behind her in order to get a water bottle out of the fridge and make sure that I don't touch her. Women like her make me sick. They have no respect for themselves when they date manwhores. I wouldn't say that Chris is one but... he doesn't exactly respect the women that he dates.

"So you're cousins with Chris?" She says with no emotion. I narrow my eyes and nod, slowly turning towards her direction. "No wonder you got in the mafia so easily." She mumbles under her breath, but I can still hear it.

"And you're another slut who dates Chris?" I remark, with a smug look. She glares at me, and after about a minute of intense staring she sighs heavily.

"You got a really good position in the mafia so obviously you make good money and you're worth being here. I'm sorry for fighting with you. I think it was just the plane ride." She smiles and chuckles, though the smile doesn't reach her eyes. She has sadness in them.

Maybe because you called her a slut. My conscious states. I internally roll my eyes and sigh.

If anything I hate apologizing, it just shows you your mistakes and it shows that you're weak.

"Sorry," I mumble. "I didn't mean to call you a slut. Half of what I say is trash, although some are facts." I ramble on.

"It's fine. So I guess I wont be the only woman, here. It gets lonely." Is she bipolar or something? She was just yelling at me and throwing glares my way ten minutes ago. Now she's saying that we should hang out.

I almost reply to her but my phone begins to ring. I check for the caller, and it shows me the name as unknown. Mhm. "Sorry, I've got to take this, it's probably important." She smiles and nods, then walks out of the kitchen. I open the door to the back and close it.

"Hello?" I say.

"So is the business thing still on or what?" I instantly know who it is and I smile without meaning to. Giovanni.