"Really, Elijah? Just beer?" I looked up at him and he chuckled.

"What's wrong with beer?"

"Some places call for more than a cold one." I informed him.

"Is that so?" he leaned on the counter, the movement tensed the muscles under the rolled up sleeves of his white shirt. "What do you suppose I should have gotten instead?"

"You should've gotten what I got." I responded with a slight tilt of the head.

"A Cosmo?" he laughed. It was a sound that was pleasant to my ears.

"Ooh." I exhaled slowly. "You insult me, Elijah." He raised a dark eyebrow. "My friends are waiting, it was nice talking to you." I smiled before turning to return to my table.

"Wait, you're not gonna tell me what you drink?" he called. I smirked.

"He'll have what I'm having instead." I said to bartender before turning back around and going to my table where our drinks were already being put down by a waiter.

I sat down and watched Elijah as he walked back to a table I assumed was packed with his friends.

"Who was that?" Victoria asked me. I kept my eyes focused on Elijah's table as a waitress took a tray of drinks to them.

"Just someone I met." I replied, taking my glass of Hennessy and swishing the aged single malt around while listening to ice clink against the glass.

The waitress handed everyone their beers and she handed Elijah the same whiskey that I was having. He glanced around the room and finally caught my gaze, smiling as we made eye contact. He raised his glass slightly and I did the same, unable to supress the smirk on my lips as we sipped at the same time.

"Earth to Megan!" Arianna called. I swallowed the strong spirits and looked away from Elijah and back at her.

"Right, sorry." I chuckled.

I actively re-joined the conversation that had shifted from boyfriends to shoes to Deadpool. I don't even know how those all related but somehow we were able to connect them.

"It's like nobody understands that that movie is a work of art." Arianna sighed.

"I feel you. It's-" I was interrupted in the middle of my sentence.

"Good evening, ladies." Elijah stood next to me as he greeted my friends. I tried hard to supress a smirk but I was failing.

"Hi." Victoria said quickly. Arianna and Kylie just looked at him with matching smiles.

"May I, please, borrow your beautiful friend for a quick chat?" I felt his hand rest on my shoulder.

"Sure." Kylie beamed.

"Megan?" Elijah extended his hand. I took it and rose from my seat. "I promise I'll have her back very quickly."

"Oh, you don't even have to bring her back at all." Arianna's comment caused Elijah to laugh as he led me away from the table. With my hand still in his, Elijah took us to the lounge section of the place where the window replaced the wall and you could see out into the busy street and the lights from all the buildings that towered over the city just like Elijah towered over me when I leaned against the wall near the window.

"Elijah." I said as he just stood looking at me.

"Megan." He acknowledged. We stood in silence.

"Your chat is not very quick, my friends are gonna worry about me." I teased.

"They didn't seem to mind if I took you home with me or not so-" He countered.

"As if you would." I scoffed without realising.

"Don't tempt me." He countered once again, leaving my eyes wide and my mouth slightly ajar. I quickly closed my mouth and glanced away for a split second. "Hennessy...I'm impressed with your choice of drink, it was...strong."

"The idea was to educate you, not to impress you." I tilted my head to the side.

"I'm both educated and impressed."

"Good, now you can safely say you drink big boy drinks and not be referring to beer." I teased. He chuckled, tucking his bottom lip into his mouth for a second.

"You and I will have dinner and some big boy drinks, what day suits you best?" Elijah looked me directly in the eye. I chuckled.

"One, I don't do dates and two, were you asking me or telling me?"

"To answer the former, that's okay it won't be a date then, takes the pressure off. And to answer the latter," he paused to smirk at me. "I was telling you."

"Excuse me?" I didn't know if I was supposed to be impressed or offended with his confidence.

"Come on, Megan, you and I both know that asking you would've been less...assuring. This way I know you'll come and I have your attention."

"You definitely have my attention but Elijah," I ran my finger across his shirt pocket. "You always had my attention." His mouth slowly opened like he was surprised. "I'll join you for that dinner that's not a date."

"Perfect."

"But careful, Elijah," at this point I just liked saying his name. "There's a fine line between Assertive Gentleman and Certified Jerk that you nearly crossed."

"Maybe I like living on the edge." He shrugged and I couldn't help but smile at his witty little reply.

He smirked at me and I could feel my body reacting.

A/N I HAVE RETURNED with a hopefully satisfying little chapter, I hope you all like it, sorry for the delay I was extra busy but now I'll be back to posting regularly. I've missed you all.

How does Elijah make you guys feel? Lemme know.

Xoxo

K