The Unquiet Dead Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Gwyneth!"

"All true," Dickens muttered

"Are you okay?" Rose asked her

"It's all true," The Doctor remained silent, looking to Tia, but she too was silent.

.............................................................................................................................

Rose mopped Gwyneth's forehead as she lied asleep on a couch. Slowly, her eyes opened "It's alright." Rose told her "You just sleep,"

"But my angels, miss. They came, didn't they? They need me?"

The Doctor was leaning on a wall behind Rose "They don need you, Gwyneth. You're they're only chance of survival,"

Rose turned on him angrily "I've told you, leave her alone. She's exhausted and she's not fighting your battles," she offered her a drink "Drink this,"

"Well, what did you say, Doctor?" Sneed questioned "Explain it again. What are they?"

"Aliens,"

"Like...foreigners, you mean?"

"Pretty foreign, yeah. From up there," he pointed skywards

"Brecon?"

"Close. They've been trying to get through from Brecon to Cardiff but the road's blocked. Only a few cna get through and even then they're weak. They can only test drive the bodies for so long, then they have to revert to gas and hide in the pipes,"

"Which is why they need the girl," Dickens deduced

"They're not having her," but it wasn't Rose who said it, all eyes went to the girl standing on the opposite side of the Doctor.

"But she can help. Living on the rift, she's become part of it, she can open it up, make a bridge and let them through," Rose looked to Tiaalen to fight back but she only shook her head.

"Incredible. Ghosts that are not ghosts but beings from another world who can only exist in our world by inhabiting cadavers,"

"Good system. It might work,"

"You can't let them run around inside dead people!" Tia shouted at him

"Why not? It's like recycling,"

"Seriously though, you can't," Rose told him

"Seriosusly though, I can,"

"It's just...wrong!"

"Those bodies were living people! We should respect them even in death!" Tiaalen exclaimed

"Do you carry a donor card?"

"That's different, that's..."

"It is different, yeah. It's a different morality. Get used to it or go home," he realized what he said and looked up at a stiffened Tia "Tiaalen..."

"Don't!" she spat "Of all the times we've been together, how many times have I ever told you to stop and not do something..." he remained silent "but then again I guess you're to egotistical to ever notice," she headed for the door

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving before this all blows up in your face Doctor....because she wasn't the only one connected to the Gelth, and there's something they're not telling us," she left and the Doctor cringed hearing the door slam behind her.

"You heard what they said," The Doctor told Rose softly "time's short. I can't worry about a few corpses when the last of the Gelth could be dying,"