Chapter 37

(I'm back! Updating on WEEKENDS only.)

A month later...

A knock sounded on the door of the room that Beyonce was in. It was very quiet and dark. Beyonce sat on her bed, with her legs folded underneath her, in deep thought.

She bit her bottom lip in deep thought. All that ran through her head was the miscarriage she had recently experienced.

It had hit everyone around her, Michael also, but it hit her the most. That was all she thought about the last few weeks.

What his or her name would've been?

Who he or she would've resembled the most.. her or Michael? or maybe a mixture of both.

It was crazy how the couple approached one obstacle with telling their parents about her pregnant. To reaching another with losing the most precious thing that was in her life.

It was a first for her. She didn't know how to handle it all. The only thing she did was close herself off in a room at her parents house and shut the whole world out.

She hadn't been in school for days and she just knew rumors were circling around like crazy. She couldn't stomach it.

As for Michael, when he found out the news, he cried a long with her. Both of their hearts broken because of the bad news. Days passed and Michael began to recollect himself but Beyonce's process was a little slower.

Her family gave her space, and mama Tina checked in from time to time to make sure she ate and stayed hydrated.

Another knock sounded and Mama Tina's voice rang through the room, "Giselle, honey?" She called out.
"Can I come in?" She asked.

Beyonce hoarsely responded, "Yes."

Seconds later, Mama Tina opened the door and walked in. Beyonce squinted her eyes at the bright lights from the other parts of the house.

"You should really come down and eat." Tina suggested.

Beyonce shook her head. "I really dont feel well."

Tina sighed. "Well you have to do something, Giselle. You've been cooped up in here for days. This isn't healthy,"

"I'm fine ma."

"No you're not. You're depressed. I've been worried about you. Michael has been worried about you,"

I turned my lip up at her mentioning Michael. "He is? He hasnt even attempted to check on me. We lost OUR baby. He acts like he doesn't care."

Tina shook her head, "Oh, he's tried. But you wont come out of this room. He's hurting too, Beyonce. I can tell he's trying to stay strong for you."

Beyonce looked down. "Oh.."

"Mhm. So get cleaned up because Im having this big dinner and I am inviting Michael and his family."

Tina stood from the bed.

"Mom, no."

"I'm not listening. You're coming downstairs and we're gonna act like a COMPLETE family again."
Tina exited her room so she couldn't hear Beyonce's attempt to object.

Throwing her head back, Beyonce looking up at nothing in particular and sighed loudly.

That evening..

"Oh, Michael you look so cute." Tina complimented when the Jackson's entered the home. She greeted them all but Michael caught her eye the most.
She watched him scan the room and she knew exactly who he was looking for.

"She'll be down soon." Tina spoke and rubbed his arm lovingly.

"She came around, Finally?" Michael asked.

Tina bit her bottom lip, "A little. Not much. I think she's depressed honestly."

"That's not good. I want to see her." Michael attempted to walk past her but he was stopped.

"I dont think you should. I know you want to see her but I dont want her becoming overwhelmed."
Tina explained.

Michael hesitantly nodded and moved back. "Okay.." he spoke sadly and went to sit with the rest of the family.

No one noticed Beyonce until she walking into the view of everyone from the table. The looked at her and the room became quiet.

Beyonce's eyes immediately became locked with Michael's. He smiled lovingly at her. You can see it in his eyes how much he missed her. Them.

Beyonce smiled a little at him and looked down.

"Beyonce. Come sit." Mama Tina spoke
loudly. Beyonce looked at the empty seat next to Michael and walked towards it.

Michael smiled excitingly at her. Beyonce sat and looked down fiddling with her fingers underneath the table. She couldn't help but smile when Michael interlocked their hands underneath the table.  He kissed her forehead and listened to their families tell stories and talk amongst each other.

Maybe things will get better from here.