Chapter 21

"I hope you two enjoyed your stay.." The woman behind the desk spoke. "Such a beautiful couple." She complimented.

Beyonce and Michael both blushed at her words. Even though they weren't exactly a couple and wanted to take things slow, they accepted the compliment anyway.

"Thank you - Um, Drea." Michael smiled at her and Beyonce laid her head on his shoulder with her arm clasped around his.

"No problem," Drea spoke, "You're all checked out! I hope you both enjoyed your stay. Visit us again! Have a nice day." She spoke giddily with a bright smile.

"You too!" They both spoke simultaneously before heading out to the car.

"You're quiet... what's wrong?" Michael asked, breaking the silence. His hands lightly grazing hers.

Beyonce's head was on the window as she stared out at the buildings and houses that passed as they headed to her home. She was nervous, her stomach in knots.

She didn't know what to expect from her mother. A lecture that involved yelling, or just a simple warm welcome. She disrespected her and that's something Beyonce really felt guilty about.

"Giselle,"

"Hm?" Beyonce finally came back to reality. "Oh, sorry. I was thinking about something..." Her voice trailed off.

"You're nervous.. aren't you?" He asked. She was amazed at how he read her. He always knew what she was feeling. At times when she didn't know herself, he knew.

"Of course, I am! I don't know what to do or say.." ..."I owe her so many apologies. I owe everyone an apology." She sighed sadly. "I really didn't see any of this coming. It all happened so fast..." She shook her head.

Beyonce looked over at Michael, "I'm surprised you're still here.."
"Why haven't you walked away yet, Michael?" Michael looked over at her for a split second.

"I never want to leave you. We've both messed up. You forgave me - I forgave you." Michael spoke sincerely.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, big head." He nudged her. "You'll be okay."

She smiled a little and sighed out. "I guess."

A few minutes later, Michael pulled up in front of my house. He cut the engine and looked over at me. Beyonce bit my lip nervously.
"Michael," She shakily called. "I can't."

"Yes you can. I thought we talked about this back at the hotel." He lowered his eyes at her.

"I know, but-"

"No, but's.. Go apologize. I'll be back with your things later."

Beyonce looked at him, "Michael I swear if you go alone!"

"I told you I won't. I already talked to Chris and Devon and they'll meet me there." He finished.

Beyonce sighed and rubbed the side of his soft face. "Please be careful.." She whispered.

Michael nodded and leaned down, kissing her lips a few times. "I will."

Beyonce let go before getting out. She mouthed 'I love you' before walking in. Mouthing it back, not knowing if she saw, he started the engine and drove off.

"Look, If this nigga try something, I got my gun in the car." Chris spoke as he walked behind Michael and Devon.

Some men who were standing around, conversing, some just standing, looked at them weirdly. Chris looked back at them, pulling his pants up a bit as they walked to Tyreek's apartment.

"Aye! Who ya'll lookin' for?" A hispanic guy stood up straight, staring directly at them.

"Tyreek. You know him?" Michael spoke.

The man nodded. "Yeah, I do. He live up in 227. Upstairs."

All three of them nodded. "Okay, man. Thanks." Michael spoke again before the climbed the short flight of steps.

Beating on the door, hoping to be heard over the loud music, Michael, Devon, and Chris stood impatiently on the other side of the door.

"He not answering, man. Let's go." Devon suggested.

"He's in there though." Michael said.

"So? Mess around and get shot out here.. and my gun is all the way down stairs. - We're fucked if-"

The door opened cutting Chris off.

Tyreek looked the trio up and down. "The hell you want, Mike?" Tyreek asked leaning onto his elbow that was supported by the door frame.

"I came for Beyonce's stuff." He answered cooly.

"Oh, she can't come get her own shit? What? She scared or somethin'?"
Tyreek asked with a humorous chuckle.
"Why the hell are these two niggas here?" He asked referring to Chris and Devon.

"Don't worry about that! Let me get her stuff." Michael was beginning to get impatient.

"Her stuff ain't here. I burned it." Tyreek said cooly. "Ain't shit here."

Michael began going off, yelling, causing a scene to the people behind Tyreek, inside the apartment.

"Get away from my door with that before it's a problem, Mike." Tyreek spoke.

"I'll do anything for Beyonce! Just know you'll never hurt her again."

"I'll find her and punch her again if I want. Her dumb ass will come crawling back to me if I told her to." Tyreek laughed lowly. "I might just do that."

Michael's fists clenched in anger at his words.
"I swear if you touch her-"

"What, Mike? You doing all this for a hoe."

Michael's face was red as it took everything in him to not punch Tyreek in his mouth. "She's not a hoe."

"Michael, let's just go." Chris said realizing that Michael might do something stupid.

"Look, I'm done arguing. Ain't shit here. Don't come back by my apartment again."
The door was then slammed into their faces.