Chapter 24

September 4th

Beyonce woke up the same as usual. Her usual routine took up majority of her morning, whilst school took up the rest of her day. It was only Wednesday and her birthday crossed her mind. Today was the day. She rolled her eyes at the thought of big celebration. She really didn't care for it, to be honest.

Dressing up only a little, she wore a lace red dress that was fitted at the waist up but ruffled out at the bottom, stopping just above her knee. Her hair was loosely curled with two braids on both sides bobby pinned back. She had two loose stands of hair framing the front of her face. Noticing her bruises were now completely gone, she smiled at silently thanked God. She finished the look off with light makeup and red lipstick - Nothing too special.

Just as she grabbed her bag, A text came through her phone.

Come outside. (7:45 a.m)

Not responding to Michael's text, she just grabbed her phone and looked herself over one last time before heading downstairs.

"Goodmorning, Giselle." Spoke Tina as she fixed breakfast. "You hungry?"

Beyonce shook her head, "Goodmorning, and no." Tina nodded. "Have a good day. Love you."

"Love you too."

No Happy Birthday, no nothing. Beyonce noticed Mathew wasn't home. She rolled her eyes and proceeded out the door to see Michael sitting in his car waiting.

He looked up and got out, helping Beyonce in on the other side. "Thank you, baby." She smiled at him as he got in and started the car up.

He looked her over. "Why you dressed up?"
He looked again. "You look good though. - Really good." He licked his lips at her.

"Why? You don't know why I'm dressed up... TODAY?" She asked him.

Michael poked out his bottom lip in deep thought. "No. You look beautiful though."

"Ugh! Whatever." She huffed and crossed her arms.

"That attitude ain't cute. Lose it." He said sternly and all Beyonce did was stare out the window.

"Hey, Bey." She smiled at them, wondering who would say happy birthday to her first.

When the bell rang and the day proceeded on, she realized they had all forgotten her birthday.

She was angry all day. At lunch she refused to speak to any of them. She headed to the library and continued to study to pass the time.

Michael even tried sitting with her but eventually got kicked out by the librarian for talking too loud while Beyonce was ignoring him.

The end of the school day came and the last bell rang releasing all classes.
She walked out with her bag on her shoulder. Beyonce smiled as some guys complimented her on how she looked today. She even received a few happy birthdays from a few people.

"Thanks," smiled as she passed them. She then felt Michael grab her and turn her around to him. He looked over at the group of boys. "She knows she looks good, she doesn't need you to tell her."

"Michael, stop! They were just being nice." Beyonce grabbed his hand and dragged him away before things got out of hand.

"They can be nice to someone else, not you!" She rolled my eyes and giggled.

"What?" He asked, his face not changing.

"You're jealous. But it's cute."

"Whatever, Beyonce. Go get in the car." Michael said.

She shook her head. "I'm mad at you."

"Why? Quit being difficult and get in the car."

"I don't want to."

"So what are you going to do? Walk?"
He asked and she sighed.

"No."
"I'll just ask Kelly-"

"Beyonce, just get in the damn car! "

"Go ahead, I'll be in, in a second." Michael spoke after a silent car ride. Beyonce did as told and headed towards the front door.

Michael grabbed the bouquet of roses from the backseat floor and got out himself. He had caught of to Beyonce when she opened the door.

Her face held surprise and excitement as everyone yelled happy birthday to her simultaneously.

She smiled wide. "Thank you." she spoke shyly with her head down. She turned around when Michael pinched her arm and grabbed her flowers.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." He kissed her cheek and listened to everyone aww.

"I just want to thank everyone-"

"Oh wait! There's one more gift." Tina spoke cutting off Beyonce.

"That's mine." A female voice spoke as she stood and made her way to Beyonce. She looked like a little version of her and the look on Beyonce's face was priceless. The room was quiet as everyone looked.

"Can I please give it to her?" The girl asked and all Tina could do was nod yes.

The girl took the present. "Happy birthday." The girl smiled at her.

"Who are you?" Beyonce asked, taking the present.

"Solange, your little sister. Don't you remember me?"