Chapter 1

Beyonce POV
I sighed waking up from my loud alarm which was ringing in my ear loudly. I pressed the alarm clock's snooze button and slowly got out of bed.

It was Monday morning which meant the first day back to school since summer break ended. It was bad enough that school just started for the year but me being a senior made things a little better. I was just ready for the year to end and for my life to go on.

I got out of the shower and made my way to lotion up and get dressed. I decided on a black lace romper with some all black gladiator sandals.

My hair was naturally curly so I brushed a couple out anyway, to give it a effortless look and applied minimal makeup. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

Attempting to walk past my dad, which wasn't successful because he saw me anyway.

"Beyonce." I froze. His stern voice was starling and I knew not to ignore him like I usually did. Ever since my family found out he cheated on my mom, things haven't been the same. Matter of fact, things have been horrible. My mother took him back and he thinks everything is okay.

She seems happy but, I'm not with it. I stay as far away as I can. I avoid contact with them most of the time. I feel disgusted so I lock myself in my room. Not to mention, I was still recovering  from my last break up.

"Yes?" I respond, turning towards him.

"Come in here. Your mother has been calling you for a minute now." He says and goes back to reading his newspaper.

I roll my eyes. "Sorry, I hadn't noticed."

I dropped my bag by the door and hurried into the kitchen, passing Mathew by quickly.

"Mom?" I called, walking into the open kitchen space.

"Oh, there you are. I was calling you." She looks up. "Breakfast is ready."
"You look very pretty." She said looking me up and down.

This is probably the first time she has seen me without red puffy eyes from crying my eyes out. It was a relief that I have found some relief after a whole summer of heartbreak.

"Thanks." I shook my head. "But mom, I'm not hungry."

She looked at me worriedly. "You barely eat anymore, Giselle. Not to mention all you do is work out. I'm worried about you, you've gotten so skinny."

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "I'm fine. Can I please go now?" I asked her.

She nodded. I walked out grabbing my bag and rushing out, not looking back.

"Beyonce!" I heard from a familiar voice. My cousin/Bestfriend, Kelly, walked my way with Nicki not far behind her.

"My girlssss!" I opened my arms wide, inviting them in a warm, loving hug."

"Bitch where have you been?" Nicki asked me.

"You look cute. But have you lost weight?" She complimented then asked .

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "You sound like my mom, and no, I haven't."

"Mhm." Nicki said and looked at me like she knew I was lying.

"So where have you been all summer?"  Kelly asked me as we leaned against the hood of my all white Range Rover.

"At home. You know I was not trying to be bothered." I said licking my lips.

"Not even with us?" Nicki asked.