Chapter 14

As the weeks went by, Beyonce became more and more distant. Her family barely saw her, and when they did, her head was buried in her phone. She kept up with her friends, but only saying things to them here and there.

She was turning into someone that everyone feared. It seems like everyone else ignored it but it was one person who was worried about her more than anyone. Kelly.

She kept mental notes on Bey's behavior and it made her nervous. She was even rebellious and she's never know Beyonce to act that way. She was certain that her grades were slipping but from the looks of things, Beyonce could care less. Everything has changed not for the better, but for the worst.

Beyonce busted through Kelly's front door with a smile on her face. Her phone wasn't in her hand. How surprising. She slowly walked in. She looked as high as a kite.

"Giselle." Kelly called as she sat down on the couch. Kelly's parents weren't home again and she wanted to have a girls night.

"What now, Kelly?" Beyonce giggled.

"Sit down. We need to talk." Kelly patted the cushion next to her.

Hesitantly, Beyonce took a seat.
You could smell the weed on her clothes.

"What the hell, Beyonce! Have you been smoking?" Kelly asked her.

"What?" Beyonce giggled, "No."

"Are you lying?" She asked her.

Beyonce nodded. "Calm down, Kelly. It's not that serious, boo."

"Not that serious?- You've been drinking too.. haven't you?" She asked referring to the smell of alcohol on her breath.

"It was only two drinks.. I'm fine." Beyonce said trying to ease Kelly's nerves.

"Oh god, did you drive?"

Beyonce shook her head, "No. Ty dropped me off."

As soon as the word Ty left Beyonce's lips, Kelly jumped up and ran for her front door, praying that Tyreek was still out front so she could give him a piece of her mind.

"What are you doing?!" Beyonce jumped up also. "Woah," she said as her head swam and she became dizzy.

Coming back to reality, Beyonce grabbed Kelly.
"Sit down. He's gone."

"He is no good for you! You know what, I'm telling mama Tina." Kelly threatened.

Beyonce waved her off and laughed. "Please, for what? Her and Mathew gave up on me already. I'm surprised you haven't yet."

"I would never give up on you! You're like my sister. I just don't know who you are anymore." Kelly said sadly.

"What do you mean? I'm still the same person." Beyonce said offended.

"No, you are not. Your grades are slipping. Your out all night drinking and partying with Tyreek. Mama Tina calls me all the time asking have I seen you. She's hurt, Bey." Kelly explained.

"My mother doesn't care. No one does, except Tyreek."

"No boy is worth all of this. Stop before you hurt yourself. Tyreek is no good!" Kelly argued back.

"Whatever. I didn't come to hear a lecture." Beyonce grabbed her phone from her back pocket and began walking out.

"Beyonce do not leave with him!"
Kelly grabbed her.

"Leave me alone!" She yelled back and yanked away.

"Fine. I'll just let Michael know." Beyonce stopped.

"No. Don't tell him anything."
She said through gritted teeth.

"I don't care. I'm letting him know. You can go now."

"Fine." Beyonce shrugged and walked out. Kelly saw Tyreek's black car pull up. He honked the horn at Kelly and she threw the middle finger up at him before she slammed the door shut.

"Let's go boys! Get up! We got rehearsals." Joseph yelled through the house.

"Michael get your ass up and come down here!" Joseph yelled again. "What is wrong with that boy? Is he depressed? He doesn't even come out out of that room."  Joseph asked Katherine who was standing next to him.

She stayed quiet and waited for Michael to come down. All she did was shrug.

Eventually Michael came out and was met with the eyes of his father. "What?" Michael asked above a whisper.

"Michael, honey are you-"

"Get your ass down here! you know we have rehearsals at 6! you're about to make us late." Joseph yelled, cutting Katherine off.

Katherine became quiet again and watched as Joseph angrily yelled his way and the boys way to the van out front.

Michael looked at her and she gave him an apologetic look before he walked past and to
the door. As he walked out, he was met with a bump from another person.

"I'm so happy I caught you." Kelly exclaimed.
"I need to talk to you."

"I have to go." Michael said cooly.

"Please! It's important. It's Beyonce, Michael."

Joseph honked the horn.

Michael looked up and bit his lip. "what about her?"

"She's in trouble."