Chapter 3

Beyonce POV

"Beyonce!" I closed my locker and looked to my left. I saw a familiar face but his name didn't come to me right away.

"Um.." I stared at him as he caught his breath. "Hi?"

"Wassup, girl." He smiled at me. I got a glance of his perfect white teeth.

"Hi... um..." I stumbled trying to remember his name.

"Tyreek. But I go by Ty."..."Remember? I mean we've only been going to the same school for years and I'm known by everybody in the school."

Must not be everybody. I didn't know you. Cocky much?

"Oh.. yeah." I chuckled nervously. "Tyreek."

"Just call me Ty." He said standing in front of my now, uncomfortably close.

He moved his arm to the locker above my head, moving even closer to me. I can smell the mint on his breath as he talked. That's how close we were.

I was afraid it was looking like more than a friendly conversation. More like I was his girl. Aha. Not.

"You look gorgeous today." He said looking me over. I wore a pair of jeans that rolled up at the ankles, a pair of open toed sandals and a regular white t-shirt.

The jeans showed off my curves even more and Im sure he noticed.

"We'll everyday." He smiled again.

I looked down and blushed, "Thanks." I mumbled.

"No problem, beautiful. Now look, can I take you out?" He asked and my head shot up.

"Take me? Out?" I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

He licked his lips and nodded. "Yeah? How about Friday? That sound good?"

"Oh. Um, I-I don't. I don't know if that's a good-" He cut me off.

Why was I stumbling over my words so hard?

"Why not? You scared of me or something?" He laughed loudly.

I shook my head. "Why would I be?"

"Just wondering. You're hesitating." He pointed out.

I sighed heavily.

"Look, I know you just got out of a relationship but I wanna show you not every guy here is the same." I looked up at him. His 6'4 frame towered over me.

"Mike messed up. I'm trying to pick up the pieces. Let's be honest, he's missing out on something good. I can tell." He bit his lip, sort of like Michael but not as attractive.

He is. I thought.

"Well I guess. I'm not worried about him anyway." I said partially lying.

"Good. Good. Well how about Friday at around 6?" He asked staring right into my eyes making me slightly uncomfortable but I eventually eased up.

"Sure." I said and then smiled. "Here. Let me see your phone."

I handed my phone over to him and he entered his number, saving it under "Ty😘".