Chatterbox

Emily's POV

Hunter and I had decided on meeting every Tuesday after our first session. He was a good student, honestly. Though he lacked in some classes, he was much brighter than the average kid. Not only that, but he was popular and funny, not to mention good looking.

I awaited his arrival nearly every Tuesday, as pathetic as it sounds.

"I'm home!" He shouted from the doorway.

I left the door open for him, so he could do all of the walking. Once he made his way to the living room, he dropped his backpack and began pulling out his new homework.

"How's life?" I asked, biting my lip as he grabbed his pencils and notebooks.

Once he got comfortable, he looked over at me. His hair swooped to the side cutely, and all I could think about was running my fingers through it. His haircut was the shit. Shaved sides and a few inches of wavy blond locks on the top.

"Not bad," he said. "I always miss you. We don't hang out enough."

"Really?"

We already texted all the time and facetimed when he had questions about school.

"Yeah, you're always on my mind." He winked at me, and his big hand fixed his blond hair.

My cheeks heated up. Flirting? Was he really pulling that shit on me?

"Boy, what are you doing?"

He sighed. "I'm being honest. I thought I could trust you."

"You can, but that doesn't mean you can flirt with me all of a sudden. I have a girlfriend, and you know that." His eyes moved down to his homework regretfully. "I think you're a great guy. Really, I do, but this can't happen."

He swallowed deeply, his jaw clenching and revealing his strong jawline. Once he looked back with his dangerous, hazel eyes, I could tell that my willpower couldn't pull me through this.

"Emily, please. Have pity on me," he whispered. His husky voice, so broken and quivering, made me melt into his evil grasp.

His hand cautiously sat on top of mine in my lap. He leaned forward to kiss me, but he locked eye contact with me. It was over with. His spell was impossible to resist. I sealed my eyes shut during our kiss, but I didn't need to see him.

I knew his face all too well. He was closing his eyes as well, causing his eyebrows to shift closer together. I could picture his stubble too because I could feel it as we kissed. His lips were soft, but never as luxurious as Jynx's. I suppose it's the lack of lipstick.

His hand squeezed mine desperately as we kissed. Then, he let go. It was just as quick as it sounds. Once he let go, he refused to look at me for five minutes.

We moved on without a word. Hunter opened his books, and we worked on his homework diligently. It was terrible.

Every second, I was thinking about how I messed up. In my head, I ruined everything. He was too popular and powerful to upset, so my social life must've been over with.

My chest tickled with each doubt and regret. Suddenly, I wished Hunter and Jynx never existed.

After a while, he finally managed to talk about it.

"I'm sorry for forcing you to kiss me. I respect your relationship; it's just that I can't see myself without you. I've been living without you for so long, and I can't go back. You're all I think about."

My heart wouldn't stop pounding within my chest. He could surely hear it reaching out to him. If he couldn't hear my heart, he could definitely see my eyes pop out of my head. I was beyond surprised. If only he had been so loving when I had wanted him.

Well, I did still want him.

Honestly, I do love Jynx, but is it so bad that I still feel different around Hunter? It's impossible for me to let go so quickly.

"Hunter—"

"No, I get it. I know how you feel. I should just stop," he interrupted.

Again, we stayed silent. In fact, we managed to finish his homework without another word about us.

That boy killed me. Jynx could wound me and bleed me out, but he stabbed me in the stomach.

Once he packed up, he turned to face me. His body, quite larger than mine, towered over me like a skyscraper.

"Please tell me that you don't love me. I just want to hear it. Say the words, and I'll leave you alone. This will all be over with," he murmured. His despondence was heartbreaking.

It took a lot of searching to find the answer to his peculiar request. I had to dig into the previously torn parts of my heart to find any answer. Either I knew all too well of love, or I knew nothing at all. It was a tough call.

We stared at each other for the longest time. My hand gently rested on his inner thigh, and I pulled myself closer to him. I got close to his ear and whispered, "I love you." I felt no guilt. My whole body attempted to resist him, but I dreamed of him for many years. I wasn't letting my prince escape through my fingers again. He's mine.

Once I said it, I pulled back and watched his frown turn upside down. He turned his head, and our lips pressed together once more.

His lips were happy, and I let him do his magic. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pushed me down gently. He made no move on me other than that, but we had a fun time making out on the couch. We continuously played a game of gum exchange while kissing. It sounds gross, but at least his mouth tasted awesome.

Plus, he wore a cute sweatshirt that warmed my body. Later that evening, he left it with me to wear whenever I felt like it.

We heard the garage open, so he got off me. We composed ourselves.

My mother walked inside, and she beamed at the sight of Hunter.

"Hunter! Delighted!" She greeted.

"Same to you. I should go, though. It's getting pretty late. See you later, ladies!"

He kissed me on the cheek and got up. He left like a wisp of smoke.