Blankety

Jynx's POV

I unlocked the door and opened it for Emily. The first thing I heard was my baby siblings screaming and crying, probably at each other. My mom wasn't home, thank God.

Emily smiled and stepped inside, taking off her gray Vans and putting them to the side. I sloppily kicked off my combat boots and left them like that.

"Smells kind of like poop and chicken," she commented, nervously biting her lip as she looked around.

I admired her for a moment. She was beginning to do things differently. Instead of wearing a plain sweater, she wore a white tank top with a green denim jacket over it, black pants, and obviously her Vans. A bit less girly and a bit more... I'm not sure.

"Well, you asked for this."

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her upstairs, only because the living room was occupied by my loud siblings.

I took her to my room, which was small but sort of cozy. It was always clean considering the fact that I only slept there a few times a week. It was a memory to me, actually. Smelling the cheap perfume and the scent of past lovers. It was sad, but comforting. I missed it sometimes, but then I would think of Emily. She's my new beginning—my fresh start.

"Like it?" I ask and turn around to face her, running my fingers through my fluffy hair.

I recently got it done, so it was a refreshing silvery white once more. The roots were white, and it faded more somber near the tips. I didn't curl my hair today, but when I do it looks awesome.

She nodded and tested all her senses. She sniffed the air, looked around, touched my dresser and bed, listened to my soft panting, but she didn't lick anything. That's good!

I sit down on my neat bed. The covers were a light black, and the pillows were a simple gray. I had rock band posters all over my room. Common bands, rare bands, new bands, old bands, good bands, and I even had posters of regular singers.

I patted the spot beside me, and she sat there, giving me a sly grin. What a confusing girl. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.

"It's small, but it's clean!" I chuckled a bit, letting my voice crack a bit. I've been told it's very hot when my voice gets all raspy.

She looks around again and then back at my eyes. Her eyes are so beautiful. It probably sounds weird, but brown eyes are my favorite. I love dark ones because they feel so intimidating, and I love golden ones because they look so delicate. Emily had gorgeous eyes.

Then, I gave her a kiss on the nose. She smiled and blushed a bit, which I found hopeful. I still didn't know if she liked me back, but I guess I'll find out eventually. It was almost physically painful not knowing, but I have amazing patience.

"Hey, we should do something fun, like how normal friends hang out!" I suggested with a sarcastic, snarky tone.

She took it light heartedly and replied, "What?! Normal friends don't make out a ton?"

We shared a good laugh, and I pulled out my old laptop. It was huge, which sucked because it was heavier than my youngest sibling, but at least it's screen was pretty big! I logged on to my computer and waited for it to fully turn on. My background was a collage of tons of rock bands, just like my wall. It was mostly the band 'logo' though, instead of pictures of the band itself.

She smiled and pointed to a Sleeping With Sirens logo and then confidently stared at my eyes.

"I listened to some of their music a few days ago! There's this one really cute song..."

There was a brief silence, but then we both shouted, "If You Can't Hang!"

I think I had sent her that song, trying to convert her to my music taste. It was a love song, kind of. Granted, if you look at the lyrics on paper, it's not that happy.

After we shouted the name of the song together, we had a moment where we looked into each other's eyes and just reminisced. Her gaze was nervous, but not in a bad way.

After tension built it, we couldn't help it anymore. I pulled her face closer by her cheeks and let our lips crash together. Impatience fueled our kiss as it went from cute to deep. It was a task, though. I had to kiss her and make sure my laptop stayed balanced on my lap.

We let go after about half a minute. She had her hands curled up in her lap nervously and shyly looked away after the kiss. I thought it was cute how shy she was. I wasn't one of those girls who was picky about confidence.

"Let's watch YouTube videos together."

She nodded in response and yanked my blanket from underneath me. I practically toppled over and playfully stuck my tongue out at her in response. She sat down at the back of the bed, using half of the blanket to cover herself up. I scooted back to her and perched right beside her, using the other half of the blanket for myself. We were like one lump.

I turned on some Stevie Boebi and Ally Hills, which was a lesbian couple that I was obsessed with. I was definitely more like Ally, and Stevie did sort of remind me of Emily.

"YouTube and chill?" She asked jokingly, but then I grabbed at the inside of her thigh. She jumped, blushing heavily. That's what she got for bringing up that subject!

We watched two videos before she wrapped her arm around me and pulled me close. I rested my head on her shoulder and played with my lip ring with my tongue. After another video, she looked down at me, and I looked up at her. I winked, mostly jokingly but a bit flirtatiously. She blushed a bit and kissed the top of my head.

Is it just me or does this really seem like a proper date?! She just kissed the top of my head! I understand kissing lessons, but no one needs lessons for a kiss like that. She must've meant it, right?!?!

After another video, which is a grand total of like 30 minutes, she leaned over and turned off the video. Then, she climbed onto my lap and let her forehead press against mine. We exchanged smirks before she let her lips kiss mine. It was soft and benign at first, but then our kisses got rough. I sat up a bit more, letting my hands move from her waist, to her hips, and finally onto her ass. She seemed shy about where my hands were, but in a good way.

Eventually, I had enough of just kissing. Emily was a delicate plant, but not yet a flower. She was determined to grow tall and wide, but I wanted her to blossom. I bit her bottom lip, and she shivered at the feeling. My hands pushed her beside me and we switched our positions. Now I sat on her lap, and there was a moment of silence when her loss of knowledge got in the way. She held me close, and I could see her nervousness.

I let my fingers run through her hair, pushing it behind her ear. She looked away, sadness painting over her face harshly.

"What's wrong?"

She looked back at me and shook her head. After giving me the closest thing to a smile, I let my lips brush against hers. Our faces were close together, and it didn't seem to bother her anymore like it did when we first kissed.

"I love you-"

I cut her off. "What?!"

Her eyes widened with surprise. She immediately shoved me off of her lap, and she bolted out of my room. "Wait!" I followed her, trying to catch her speed, but she was much faster than I was. She ran out the front door, and I followed, closing the door behind myself. "Wait!!!" She walked out onto the driveway. It looked like she was about to get into the passenger seat, but she just leaned against the car and buried her face into her hands.

I walked up to her slowly, approaching her with gentleness. She didn't look at me, but I could see her clearly. She looked sad or something, and I knew how hard it was to say those words.

I've only said them to one other girl, and it was unrequited love.

"I love you too, Emily."

She slowly moved her hands away from her face, letting me look at her mysterious eyes. From the day I first gave her kissing lessons, I wanted to solve her. She was the puzzle I was dying to finish.

When her hands were glued to her sides, I placed a hand on her cheek, got on my tip toes, and gave her a peck on the lips. I could taste a few salty tears.