Sin

The end of the day bell permeated throughout the halls of school. Students ran around, tumbling down the stairs and screaming for friends. I turned my phone off as I left through the north entrance to the parking lot.

After looking around for a couple of minutes, I found Hunter chatting with his royal subjects. They crowded him like they worshipped him, and I naively joined in.

His friends blankly stared at me as I squeezed into the social circle. "Hey! What's up?" I asked confidently. Shyness left me, and I waved goodbye to it.

Hunter looked over, his blond hair falling to one side. Revealing his pearly whites, he beamed at me. His friends assumed the usual and began nudging around. I felt gentle taps on my shoulders, and I could tell he was being pushed as well. I looked down and giggled a bit.

"Hello! We were just chatting about a calculus test. Ready to go?" He yanked out his keys from the pocket of his sage colored shorts. He wore a salmon colored tee, and his shoes were gray vans. He looked handsome as ever, but his eyes startled me. His chocolatey glare made me feel small, unlike the comfort I felt with Jynx.

Ignoring the thought, I nodded. He gently grabbed my wrist and dragged me to his car. Of course, he owned an expensive car. We boarded the vehicle, and then we were off!

He drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on his lap. His eyes glued to the road, but his focus remained on me. "You seem nervous. You shouldn't be. Food is food, okay?"

I listened to the deep, dulcet tone in his voice. He sounded sincere, as if he actually cared what I thought. "I'm glad. Some boys can be pretty scary!" I chuckled, and he laughed along with the joke.

Eventually, he parked his car up to a Taco Bell. He pulled his phone from his backpack pocket and plucked his wallet from the back seat of the car. "Food's on me. My dad just gave me my allowance." His whimsical confidence caused me to giggle, but I didn't give him the pleasure of being myself.

I got out of the car, biting my lip as I looked around. A few people buzzed around inside the fast food joint, but it seemed like we would be isolated on our 'date'. Hunter walked ahead of me. We stepped inside.

The smell of hot sauce and taco meat shot into my nostrils. Nostalgia consumed me, and I felt out of place. He walked up to the cashier with me, but I had to reminisce on the menu for a bit.

"What're you getting?" I asked curiously. My eyes stared at the poorly lighted menu above my head. Hunter glanced up as well, but he pointed to the right.

I smiled, seeing that he was getting a delicious sounding combo. However, I had other plans. I decided on a small combo, and he seemed to enjoy my choice.

Once he paid, I saved us a table. When I sat down, I checked my phone. I saw twenty messages, and most were from my mother or Jynx. I responded to my mother, not Jynx. Hunter came back, and I put my phone away.

"Bonne appetite!" He placed the tray in front of me and snatched his own food towards his side of the table. "I'm learning French, by the way."

He seemed very proud, but I replied, "Same. Je parle français très bien." After surprising him, I unwrapped a taco and began eating.

He shrugged it off, but a smile refused to leave his face. He ate his food quickly and clumsily while I ate mine at a steady pace. Eating slowly let me taste the food better.

He finished his food first and slurped his cold drink while waiting for me. "How are your classes? I'm taking way too many honors classes, and it's so much work."

That baffled me. I had no idea he was smart. "Mine are fine. I feel the same. My classes are all pretty hard too."

I finished eating soon as well, and he threw away all of our trash. "You're friends with Trisha and Jynx right? I know them. Trisha is in two of my classes, and I see Jynx all the time," he added after returning.

I knew that he and Trisha had classes together, and I knew that Jynx and Hunter at least knew each other (apparently she told him I was a good kisser), but he seemed very interested about my friends. Perhaps he knew about Jynx and me, but it was highly unlikely. We didn't tell anybody about our relationship until just about a week ago. I'd find it hard to believe that the gossip spread so fast.

I just shrugged and laughed. "I had an idea that you knew them, but I didn't know you really knew them. Are you close to either of them?"

He fluffed his hair again and looked out the window. "Trish and I are decently good fiends. I'm good friends with her friends, so I talk to her a lot. Jynx and I are a different story. She's the famous lesbian of the juniors. Most people at least know of her, but we've talked as well." He paused to look back at me. We made firm eye contact. "She told me you were a good kisser a few weeks ago," he snickered.

I blushed heavily and tried to cover my face as best as I could. Clearly, he knew all too much about my life. Perhaps my feelings for him were obvious because he seemed to be playing my heart.

Shaking my head, I kept my face relatively hidden. "Well, maybe you should believe her." I didn't mean to sound so flirtatious, but the words slipped out of my mouth.

Naturally, I was inclined to flirt with him. Because I had a crush on him for so long, my heart wanted to move things along. I didn't have feelings for him anymore. I might've been able to admire him, but nothing could separate me from Jynx. Thinking about her got me back on track.

Hunter bit his lip at my response and blushed. His tan cheeks turned a rosy red, and I couldn't stop looking at him. He looked cute, hot, and gorgeous all at once. His body truly was a temple, but I didn't know his personality too well.

He shot up from his seat. Holding his hand out, he offered to help me up. I took his hand, feeling his strong grip, and let him lead me outside. His bright smile made my heart melt.

What interested me about him was the mystery. I didn't know him. His foreign eyes scared me in the best way possible. I knew Jynx. She wasn't just my girlfriend. She was my best friend, sister, and lover, all in one.

We giggled happily as we ran out into the parking lot. I laughed as he pulled me to his car. Innocently, I followed him and rested against his car door when we arrived.

"Why should I believe you when I can test your kissing skills myself?" He asked, slowly leaning in on me.

I pressed my back against the car. Shivers ran down my spine as he pinned me by my hips. My hands clammed up when his breath tickled my lips. Too suddenly, he kissed me on the lips. He kissed me until I felt utterly guilty. Once he let go, I awkwardly shuffled away and gathered my thoughts. We both got inside his car.

He sighed and turned on the car. The engine purred satisfyingly, and he immediately turned the radio on. He made sure the music was as quiet as it could be before looking over at me. "I'm sorry; was that too far? I didn't mean to—"

"No, I liked that, but I need time to think. I've liked you for so long, Hunter, but this is happening so fast."

I was in no position to be saying things were going too quickly. Making out with Jynx every time we hung out wasn't taking anything slowly. Still, being around him made me feel so anxious. I needed to think about him—about Jynx.

He began driving me home. The sunset approached. Blues, oranges, and purples danced across the sky. Looking through the window felt like watching an artist smudge his or her painting right in front of you.

His car approached my house. He parked the car in my driveway and unlocked the doors. He mumbled, "Thank you for a good day." His soft smile and charming stare made me blush. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow, Emily."

He leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek before I left the car. I waved goodbye as I ran to my front door.

My mother wasn't too happy to see me, but I told her that I was out with a boy. She smiled at me, hugged me, and said, "That's more like it."