Dark Side

Jynx's POV

Kira told me the gossip, and I started crying.

"I'm sorry. He was bragging about it at lunch, and I couldn't help but eavesdrop."

Shaking my head, I hugged my three friends. Feeling their warmth helped, but I didn't feel the same without Emily. Knowing that she cheated on me made me feel so betrayed. I was supposed to be the player!

I buried my face into Elaine's shoulder. "It's okay, you guys. I'm glad you told me," I whimpered between sobs. Tears streamed down my face, and my hands were stained with mascara and eyeliner whenever I wiped those tears away.

Trisha rubbed my back, but it felt more like a knife. She was stabbing Emily and me in the back, but it wasn't nearly as painful or disgusting as being cheated on. Besides, I knew that Trisha would stay unbiased because she's friends with both of us.

Kira sighed, "Jynx, this sucks. Hunter is an absolute fuckboy. He's gonna break her heart, and you know she's gonna come crawling back to you."

I knew better than anyone else that Emily was screwed. Although she's a gorgeous green bean, Hunter has no reason to keep her around. He's going to do what fuckboys do best: break her heart. He'll make her fall in love with him, and then it'll be too late.

Kira wiped my tears away with her thumbs. Her pink and blue hair framed her face, making her look like Melanie Martinez's child. She was a cute girl, and I could imagine myself using her as revenge for Emily. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

I may be failing two of my classes, but I'm a smartass. Getting revenge seemed low, especially since I loved Emily so much, but cheating makes me so angry. Why would she cheat on me? I love her, and I give her all the attention I can. We could open up to each other and talk about deep shit. What more does she need?

In that moment, I knew what I had to do. Sure, having a heart and some sympathy was great and all, but I can't just let Emily get away with the shit she put me through.

"Kira, can you see me after school by my car. You owe me."

She kept silent and agreed to whatever plan I mustered up. I had quite the evil plan, and I knew Emily would never cheat again after putting her through what she was about to witness.

The school day ended quickly, and I said goodbye to my friends as we made it outside. The weather was getting colder and colder, and sweaters soon turned to coats. Finally, I bought myself a fashionable, pastel pink trench coat to wear during such temperatures. Yes, I wore all black with a pink trench coat.

I checked my phone, and Kira and Emily both sent me texts that they were coming. However, I knew Kira would be coming sooner rather than later.

I met her by my trashy, cheap car. "Good thing you came."

"What's this about, Jynx?"

My heart raced, but my mind blanked. What I was about to do was terrible. Emily left the school, and she began the long walk to my car. I had a minute to explain.

I took a deep breath and looked up at her eyes. "I need revenge on Emily and her cheating ways. You owe me, and I know you love revenge. Are you in?"

Sure, Kira was hot and totally datable, but I wasn't interested in her. My love for Emily conquered everything I felt for anyone else. Even though I was about to perform the nastiest revenge possible, I still loved Emily. My heart ached and shattered, so this was out of anger.

She nodded, but Emily was too close for another exchange of words.

I reached out with my pale hands and pulled Kira's face close. Her skin felt warm and soft, and her face fit perfectly into my hands. She wasn't as tall as Emily, so she smoothly brought her lips close to mine. This was a moment that I waited for during my sophomore year, and I finally got to kiss the popular party hostess. She tasted like citrus, and her lips felt like pillows.

Soon, Emily came raging towards us, screaming and pushing us apart. "What the fuck is this?"

Immediately, I threw my fantasy to the side and ignored her.

"What the fuck do you think it is? You cheated on me, so I'm just returning the favor!" I yelled back.

I had to admit, seeing her again made me feel a bit better. Just one look at her made my day, so it was hard to act so angry at her all of the sudden.

"I did not cheat on you! Are people telling you that Hunter and I went on a date? Because we certainly did not!"

"With all due respect, everyone was talking about how you hung out with Hunter and kissed him. It was directly from him," Kira responded, and I nodded in agreement.

With that, I gave Kira a look, and she was off. I decided to go home at that point. I didn't need to explain myself, and everyone knew that. My car beeped twice when I unlocked it, but I felt a hand grip my shoulder.

"Jynx, he kissed me. I don't like him. I love you." I yanked my shoulder back, but she grabbed my hands and pulled me back. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry I did that, but it won't happen again. I wanted to hang out with him to see if he was the guy I thought he was, but nothing happened."

After pushing each other back and forth, I finally managed to break free from her grip. Tears rolled down my cheeks, just like with Elaine, Trisha, and Kira. "You can't just do that, Emily. You can't just hang out with some random guy—or girl—to see if you like them while you're dating me. I deserve more respect than that, and you know it."

She looked down at my eyes and sighed. "I know. I was wrong. What I did was wrong, but it won't happen again. I love you, and that'll never change. Please, Jynx. Please."

Her sincerity was touching, but I wasn't buying it, so she quickly kissed my lips. I wanted to hold on and forgive her, but I wasn't very merciful. My little hands pushed her away, and I got inside my car.

It would take me until Friday to forgive her.