My Inner Femme

Jynx's POV

I hate it when people make a huge deal out of birthdays. Like, the only time a birthday matters is when you're turning 16, 18, or 21. I turned 17 today, and it literally means nothing.

Granted, I don't mind presents. I bet a few close friends will get me something. Emily, Elaine, Lindsay, and Jack will probably get me something, but I doubted the rest of my friends.

"Wow, our first date is your birthday!" She giggled and held out her hand for me to take.

I took her hand and got out of the car. I had parked in the second closest parking spot to the restaurant.

Emily looked me over, admiring my fancy outfit. I wore a thin, black dress that made me look slim and gorgeous. The bottom flowed and got low in the back. I wore a gold colored necklace and gold bracelets, along with black heels.

I looked her over as well. She was wearing a nice gray sweater with black skinny jeans, but also gray flats. She looked fancier than it seems, but I was definitely dominating my look. Plus, I was as tall as she now!

I gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek before we walked in. She would always get red in the face when I kissed her anywhere. It was absolutely adorable.

We walked into the restaurant, which happened to be a small Italian restaurant near the Starbucks we went to. We both knew the people there, so they gave us a great table. They always hooked me up.

I sat down across from my gorgeous girlfriend and pushed the front section of my silvery hair behind my ear. She admired every move I made with anticipation. She would hide her hands with her sweater whenever I did anything remotely attractive, like play with my hair or bite my lip.

"Y'know, I'm very glad we're having our first date now. I guess my birthday is special."

She smiled at me but quickly looked back down at the table. She was either proud of us or would brush our relationship away. It had to do with how shy she was, but it wasn't much of a bother. Besides, I knew that she was still figuring out her sexuality. It wasn't too confusing for me, but everyone is different.

I continued, "I'll remember this day forever."

She softly giggled down at the table and played with her hair. Her fingers would glide through her brown locks until her hands were free of hair.

She was acting strangely, and I couldn't exactly understand the aberrations, but then I blushed heavily. She looked up at me and gave me a very flirtatious look for the first time. Her smirk practically covered her whole face, and her eyes showed such strong confidence. I was really into her sweet, innocent side, but confidence is always a turn on.

I shifted in my seat and continued looking down at my menu. I couldn't stop smiling.

I was probably going to get a salad or something, mostly because I liked being healthy, but I did sort of want something new.

"I'm getting pasta," she mumbled. I looked up at her and smiled. "With Alfredo sauce."

I noticed her checking me out while I was looking for something good to eat. It was odd. It was almost like she was someone completely different. I think I liked it.

We ordered our food and got our drinks almost immediately. I got a pink lemonade, and she got Sprite. I was really beginning to think that Emily wore the pants in the relationship, and I didn't mind that. She was still cute, so it didn't matter.

"So, are you excited about the party that I'm throwing you tomorrow?"

I didn't really want to talk much about my birthday, but the party sounded awesome. She was planning it all by herself and inviting my closest friends. She was inviting the obvious (Lindsay, Jack, Carlos, Ginger, Tim, and Reese) and the ones I was feeling meh about (Trisha and Elaine). Still, she promised me it would be perfect. Plus, she said the party would be on Friday, and everyone would leave at 10 so we could have another sleepover. With her new, exciting attitude, who knows what could happen at a lesbian sleepover.

"I'm more than excited."

She seemed satisfied with my answer and took a sip of her drink. I was curious about what she was thinking. I remember it being pretty awkward on my first real date. I was at a park with a girl, and the stress made me so anxious that we barely spoke. Now I was good at things like this, but that's life. You live, and you learn.

Our food came along fairly soon, and we dug in. At least Emily's change in attitude hasn't changed her 'fanciness from being rich'. She hated it when I called her rich, but we both knew it was true.

Before we ate too much, she got a light bulb and gripped her glass of soda. "Cheers? To us?"

I chuckled, thinking her silliness was so cute. She was trying so hard to be cool.

We let our glasses touch, making a lovely noise, and continued on with our meal. We both agreed the food was good.

There was something else I noticed about her. She wasn't nervous around me at all. Not even a bit. I wanted to change that. I liked seeing her get scared and embarrassed.

After dinner we decided to just sit around for a while longer.

"Why are you acting so weird?"

She scoffed and crossed her arms. I busted her act, and she looked a bit embarrassed again. She looked over at her drink, which was fairly empty. The waiter came over and refilled it.

"I was reading a few things, and the girls are always so brave and...probably more attractive than me."

There she was. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my drink. "You're amazing. I love you just the way you are. You're so shy and awkward, but I love it!"

She didn't seem to believe me. She was like any girl or boy. She was insecure and unsure. I wanted to assure her of my love, but I wasn't sure how. She was so good at showing appreciation. She was throwing me a birthday party, so that has to mean a lot. I just couldn't do much for her.

Then, she paid for the check. It was automatic for her to pay for everything, but I still felt bad. I loved her. I didn't want her to think I was doing this just to get money out of her.

When we left, she held my hand. Her hands were bony, but not thin. I could feel each knuckle and joint easily, but her hands weren't small. She was warm, though.

"I can't wait for tomorrow..." She whispered again and kissed my cheek. I pulled her back from her path and brought her close. I held both of her hands and kissed her lips gently. We both smiled into the kiss.