Party Line

I walked up to the door and sighed. The lights were off on the inside, and I could faintly see sparkly balloons glowing from the outside light. I rolled my eyes and walked into the house. The door was unlocked on purpose.

When I closed the door behind myself, the lights flashed on, and a handful of people jumped out of random places.

Lindsay and Jack popped out of the bathroom that was just around the corner from the door. Elaine and Ginger, who I think were having a thing now, jumped out from opposite sides of the end of the hallway. Carlos was simply sitting behind where the door rested while it was open, so he jumped up right beside me. Tim and Reese shot out from under the dining room table, which was less visible from such a distance. Finally, Trisha and Emily slid down the stairs on their butts. I burst out laughing, and everyone ran up and hugged me. The group hug was warm and fuzzy.

Everyone looked so nice compared to me. I was wearing a black muscle tee (to show side boob) that was frayed at the bottom and had a white skeleton dancing in it. I wore leggings for once and even gray riding boots. I was finally accepting my girliness, just as Emily was accepting her gayness.

After the group hug, everyone lead me to the living room. I had expected Emily's mom to pop out at me, but it seemed like no one else was home. That was probably well planned.

"Oh my god, you guys are awesome!" I chuckled. Everyone nudged me around. We all sat down on, and around, the couch. I sat in the middle of the couch with Emily and Elaine by my side. The two couples of the group were behind me and the singles were in front.

"What're we gonna do first?" I was nervous about what they were going to do to me, honestly. The last time I had a birthday party was when I was ten.

"They wanted you to open up presents first," Emily replied while everyone shoved their presents into my personal space.

I didn't mind. I looked at all of the presents and bit my lip. This was all so much!

The first present I opened was the one closest to me. After undoing the strings and paper around it, I found out that it was from Lindsay and Jack. The girly girl was squirming with excitement while her girlfriend was just staring blankly at the present. They seemed like opposites, but they've been together for a year now.

I opened the present and found candy, bath and body works products, and a hot topic gift card. It was actually really awesome. It felt like they spent at least $50 on my present, so I was humbled. "Thank you so much!" I smiled and hugged them. Jack was a bit taller than Lindsay, but more muscular by far. She was fit and thin. She had enough curves and edges to look like a girl, but at first glance her black skinny jeans and muscle tee made her fairly masculine. Lindsay, on the other hand, always wore the girliest things possible. She happened to be wearing a long, crimson colored dress.

Then, I grabbed the next present. It was small and long. I easily tore the box apart and found two necklace boxes inside. I opened one and found a a gold colored necklace that had ribs as the 'charm'. The other necklace was a Bring Me The Horizon necklace. You know, the sempiternal symbol. It was from Elaine. I gave her a happy hug, but I made sure Emily wouldn't get jealous, even though it's so hot when she is.

The next present was evidently from Tim, Reese, Ginger, and Trisha all together. It must've been expensive.

I opened up the present and gasped. There was two tickets to 'Metal Night'. It was the quadrennial festival type concert that was always sold out like five hours after the tickets were available. It was only two hours away from here, and it's already been a month since tickets were released. It's in two weeks! There was also a Pierce the Veil shirt, since they were one of the main bands playing.

I almost burst out into tears! It was insane! I got two tickets to a concert that's been sold out for a month?!

"How'd you get these?!" I asked, but was cut off by the four of them hugging me. They must've done a lot of hard work to get these. There was no doubt I was taking Emily with me.

I squeezed all of them in the hug. Tim and Reese were both tall, but not quite as tall as Emily. They both had brown hair and brown eyes, but they both looked completely different. Trisha was, well, Trisha, and Ginger was actually a bit Ginger.

Finally, it was Emily's present. It was a perfect cube box, so I wondered what it was. I tore it open and had to keep myself from crying from laughter. The first thing, on top of everything, was black panties.

"I guess she did get my panties," Emily showed off to Elaine. I picked up the panties and blushed insanely. They looked new and unworn, but I couldn't help but giggle. I felt like a little child. Elaine didn't show much of a positive reaction. In fact, she crossed her arms and looked away shamefully.

I placed them to my side and continued digging into the present. I found makeup, hair chalk, (expensive looking) earrings, and a Starbucks gift card! I gave Emily a mighty bear hug and then a kiss on the cheek.

"You guys are so awesome!" I motioned for everyone to come in for another group hug, and we all squeezed each other as tight as we could. I had a family, for once.

After presents, we decided to watch some Netflix. They knew my favorite show was Orange Is The New Black, so Emily started playing it on her huge tv. Everyone cuddled up with warm blankets. We started on the third season, since I had often mentioned it was where I left off.

I sat next to Emily and Elaine on the couch. They were my two closest friends, ironically. We sat on one couch while Tim, Reese, and Ginger sat on the other. Trisha sat in front of Emily and Lindsay and Jack sat beside her.

Emily would occasionally run around for a while and bring us fresh popcorn from her small popcorn machine. I would always pinch her thigh as she was sitting down. She would make high pitched squeaks and slap my hand away.

After watching a full episode of Orange is the New Black, people got tired of how intense everything was. Emily turned off the tv, and we decided to eat cake!

The cheesecake was delicious! Everyone got a fairly large piece, since the cake was fairly large. Everyone sat in the living room and gossiped.

"So, you two are adorable," Lindsay commented when Emily fed me some cheesecake like I was a little baby. Jack actually decided to participate for once. She chuckled and nodded with agreement. "Yeah, really adorable." Her voice was low and raspy compared to Lindsay's.

Emily shrugged and kept a hand on my knee. I placed my hand on top of hers. My nails were actually gray for once, and matched my hair color. She looked over at me, leaned towards me, and kissed me. Her lips tasted a bit like cupcake Chapstick. Everyone around us hollered, and I let go after a while.

A wide smirk appeared on my face, and I looked out at everyone around the room. All eyes on me.

"We should play spin the bottle!"