"Alright!!" Gon stood from his seat, all pumped up. "Let's go find Hisoka and beat the truth out of him!" He seemed determined to do just that.

"Hah? Are you an idiot? Where would you even find that guy?" Killua retorted.

"I don't care! I'll find him!!" Gon shouted. "That's why Aki⏤"

A small fit of giggles slipped from Aki's lips. It stopped Gon on his tracks and quenched his thirst to hunt down Hisoka. Killua's eyes softened and a feeling bubbled to the front of his chest⏤a mixture of joy and sadness.

"It's fine Gon. Let that asshole be. I'm fine now." She was not. However, the new company of friends made her feel more than welcome. It felt like home.

"That's right! Forget about Hisoka, Aki. I can be your new old man!" Leorio jested, pointing his thumb to himself and eyebrows wiggling. Aki scoffed, covering up her laughs. Then, Aki's eyes went to Killua. However, the guy wasn't looking at her.

Killua's gaze remained rooted to the floor—seemingly in deep thought. 

"Don't worry Aki. We won't ever leave you like that." Gon comforted, patting Aki's head. She nodded, albeit absentmindedly. Her eyes reached out for Killua's, and in the same moment, Killua met her gaze.

She saw the hint of apprehension in his eyes⏤a look that screamed, 'I'm not used to this kind of confrontation'. And honestly, Aki couldn't help but empathize. She recognized the same fear in his orbs⏤the fear of abandonment, not just by others... but by their own actions.

The gaze of a person afraid of their own capabilities... scared of losing the closest people to them, by their own hands.

Killua felt uncomfortable by the profound understanding that he saw in Aki's eyes⏤as if she understood his fear. He looked away, clearing his throat, bringing all the attention to him. Crap. 

"Ahem!" He repeated. "More than that, I think we should focus more on that Cain dude and Haizel. They kidnapped you right?" Killua fumbled to cover up his embarrassment.

"Well, technically. But, Cain⏤"

"Do you know why?" Killua cut off. The mention of Cain kinda reminded him of Con. It annoyed him.

"... I'm not sure." There were too many factors in play. However, her talk with Cain made it pretty darn clear, that they were after something from her. Nothing was still clear though. She needed to get more info.

Something tells her that finding her brother was the least of her issues⏤rather, it was the clan massacre itself and the remaining survivors. She had to know the status quo. But, where the hell does she even start? Everything seemed to have started way back, before she was born.

As she mulled over this, Aki remembered Gon's reaction last time at the mention of the Shinikage clan. Now, that was a start. 

"You know what, we still need to grab dinner right?" Aki brought up, eyes glued to Gon.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Killua and I ended up eavesdropping instead of getting dinner." Gon sheepishly apologized.

"Nah. It's fine." Aki waved off. "In fact, let's go get it now." Without missing a beat, Aki grabbed Gon's arm and dragged him away.

Gon blinked. But, before he could even say, 'huh?' Aki was already shutting the door on Leorio and Killua's faces. 

Left alone in the hotel room, Leorio and Killua looked at each other in confusion.

"Do you think he's still mad at me?" Killua asked.

Leorio hummed to himself in thought. "I gotta say, Killua. You are pretty hate⏤" the man stopped at his words, when he saw the look on Killua's face.