Chapter 34

Although the heels I wore gave me quite a few extra inches I was still painfully aware of the fact that I had to tilt my head up to be able to look at Eisuke's annoyingly gorgeous face.

He looked down at me silently for a moment, until I broke the silence by barely whispering his name.

"Shh-" he whispered back, cutting it off as closed the gap between us and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

He pulled back a few inches and searched my eyes. Which were probably as wide as saucers, the last thing I had expected was for him to kiss me.

No matter how much I hated him for what he did to me I found myself leaning into his hand which he had placed against my cheek and jaw before he kissed me again. This time slow and deep, the kiss was full of passion and tenderness. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

The kiss ended way too soon as I barely registered Eisuke's low voice telling me that he needed to talk to me over the sound of my erratic heart beat and the crowds whistles and cheers.

I nodded and stepped back from him.

"Whew! That was quite the show." The MC chuckled and I blushed remembering the auditorium full of people who'd been watching the whole encounter.

"If the contestants could please go back stage now, the record labels are waiting for you."

I waved to the crowd one last time before walking behind the large curtains. When I got to my mirror I found a man wearing a well tailored suit.

I smiled as I walked closer and he held a hand out to me, I shook it as he introduced himself as Henry Smith, head of recruiting new talent for L.A.B- Los Angeles Beats.

After a long discussion about my contract I finally decided to sign. This was the break I had been looking for and I was more than happy to get signed by such a big label.

Henry told me he would contact me tomorrow to speak about details before letting me pack up my things and head out.

I smiled as I finally walked out of the school building, the cold wind didn't go unnoticed and I inwardly cursed myself for not bringing a jacket for the walk home.

As I walked past the car park, however, my thoughts came to an abrupt halt when I heard a man clear his throat.

"Let me give you a lift home. The last thing we need is for a repeat of the last time you walked home in the dark." Eisuke's voice sounded strangely concerned and I turned to him skeptically.

"Y-you don't have to, it's not far." I shook my head, suddenly feeling my cheeks heat up as I remembered what had happened earlier.

Eisuke only rolled his eyes and opened his car door, "it wasn't a question, we need to talk anyway."

I stared at Eisuke for a moment, only moving when I heard the sound of his car door slam shut.

I gulped and rubbed the goosebumps from my arms as I walked to the passenger side of the car and got in.

"So.." I started after a silent 2 and a half minutes of driving. "I didn't think you'd come tonight.." I trailed off. "I mean, I was surprised I guess," I rambled on. Quickly getting embarrassed and deciding to shut up.

------------------------------
Eisuke's POV

Heh. She's still nervous.

I smirked to myself and looked at her from the corner of my eye, she sat with her head down picking invisible lint from her jeans.

Although I couldn't deny I was at a loss for words. I had so much to say but I couldn't.

How is she doing this to me?

I wondered. Letting my gaze turn to her as we drew closer to a stop light. "I came because I wanted to see you win." I stated simply.

"Oh.. Thanks," she smiled briefly.

"Yeah," I smirked. "It was quite a show you put on for everyone." Sakura simply nodded and looked out of the window.

I stopped outside of her apartment building way too soon for my liking.

"Can I come in?" I asked after cutting the engine.

"Oh- uhm.. Sure." Sakura nodded once again, giving me a small smile before stepping out of the car.

I ran my hands over my face and sighed before climbing out of my car and following her inside.

------------------------------
😳😳😳 ooh well wasn't that unexpected?

There may be another update today so look forward to that!

See you all soon guys,
XOX