Chapter 25

Soryu's POV

I sat at the small coffee table with my face as blank as the white wall behind Mei Ling. We exchanged pleasantries when we had both sat down but the conversation didn't flow.

Instead I pictured long dark hair framing a beautiful face with pale skin, warm eyes and a pair of sweetheart lips.

I hadn't spoken to Eisuke for a few days after he broke up with Sakura, he took my only chance to get a glimpse of that damn girl away.

Eisuke threw himself straight into work after his fathers death and break up with Sakura, none of us knew the real reason until the night that Baba and Ota invited a group of women to the penthouse lounge to play cards and drink.

Baba all but dragged an irritated Eisuke to the table and filled up his champagne flute. Each girl stood around us- a girl each- until I sent the blonde behind me an icy glare. She instantly backed off and clung to Ota like a sulking puppy.

But it wasn't the game, the girls or the mindless banter between us that I was focused on; it was the red head massaging Eisuke's shoulders. I knew her from the few times Eisuke brought her up here for some fun, she was one of his go- to's but this evening she seemed to have no affect on him. He shrugged her off more forcefully making it painfully clear that he wasn't interested in her. That was when we knew. It was her.

------------------------------
Sakura's POV

By the time the lunch bell rang I had sung quite a few songs for Haley. I was exhausted but I couldn't hide the buzz of excitement that by the end of the day we would've picked the songs I would sing at the competition.

Some of the songs I sung ranged from:

Can't feel my face by The Weeknd,

HeavyDirtySoul by Twenty One Pilots,

A cover of Valerie by the cast of Glee,

Omen by Disclosure ft. Sam Smith,

Cold water by Major Laser ft. Justine Bieber and