Chapter 26

Eisuke's POV

*Bzzt* *Bzzt*

My phone vibrated on the nightstand pulling me out of a light dreamless sleep. My lack thereof was starting to take a toll on me but I wouldn't let it show. It was bad enough that the guys knew I threw myself into my work because of Sakura.

I don't know what she did to me but I couldn't seem to get that girl out of my head, she was everywhere I looked but at the same time nothing and no one compared to her.

With a low growl I sat up and made my way into the bathroom. Letting the cool water run for a moment before splashing my face to cool off. I gripped the edge of the counter top and looked at my reflection.

You're a man, not a lovesick teenager. Start acting like it.

I told myself and hung my head.

Ah. What's the use?

I'd told myself that multiple times now but it didn't seem to register.

*Bzzt* *Bzzt*

My phone vibrated again, reminding me of my unread text.

I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't hoped that this was finally a text from her, but the better part of me knew that a text from her was never going to happen.

In any other circumstance I would have loved to be right but as I lifted my phone and the screen flashed to life I was annoyed and hurt that I wasn't correct.

The sooner I accept that Sakura and I were never supposed to stay together after the deal the sooner I could get over it all.

Hey! I'm in the casino if you want to come find me for some fun. ;)
-Ivy.

I stared at the red heads message with disgust before going to her name in my contacts and deleting it; along with the number of every other girl I'd hooked up with. In the end all that remained was the guys, business partners and Sakura.

My thumb hovered over the call button beside her name for quite a while. It would be so easy to call her, but what would I say? She probably hated me for what I did to her.

Then another thought- a much more anger inducing one- came to mind. What if Naoki answered?

My chest tightened painfully and I scowled at the screen until it automatically turned off. Letting a deep breath out through my nose I closed my eyes and laid my phone back down on the night stand.

I settled back down facing the space that used to be occupied by Sakura and I suddenly felt cold. With a grunt I turned to face the other direction and pulled the covers up over my body.

------------------------------
Sakura POV

Hinami wasn't at school today, I had tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail. Telling me that her phone was switched off. I bite my lip as I walked through the halls to my recording room.

"Hey, I hope you like coffee," Haley said hopefully.

"Hm.. Not really," I scrunched my lips to the side, and Haley's face fell in disappointment. "Just kidding, of course I do," I laughed and sat down on the chair next to hers. Happily sipping the hot coffee.

"I guess we'll go through vocals today, not that you really need my help. You're a natural," I smiled brightly at Haley's compliment.

"Thanks,"

*

The morning passed quickly and it was finally time for lunch