Chapter 2

The dinging sound of the elevator announced our arrival to the top floor of the hotel. The two men lead me into a large elegantly decorated lounge. After the initial amazement my eyes zeroed in on the five men that now stood before me. But one in particular stood out. The man with shoulder length brown hair and a red suit, the same man who brought me up here with now who I recognized as Ota Kisaki; the world famous artist, my eyes narrowed with anger and distrust. 
     "You." I spat out, everyone looked in his direction. 
     "What did you do Baba?" Ota teased but I paid little to no attention to him. 
     "Well..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his neck and giving his signature menacing smile, "me and Sakura might already know each other." I gave him a death glare before my attention was drawn to the man in the silver suit with slicked back black hair. 
     "Sakura-" he muttered "- are you Sakura Itoh?" I glared at him but then it dawned on me, this was the man from the alley, and I smirked. 
     "And you must be Soryu Oh," his gaze became even colder, if that was possible. 
     "She's got guts talking back to you Soryu," a man with brown hair said with a smirk. Eisuke Ichinomiya, multimillionaire, part of the Ichinomiya group and finally, owner of the hotel; girls at school spoke about him all the time but all I saw was an arrogant, cocky man. The man by the window with a cigarette in his mouth huffed out in annoyance which confused me but I rolled my eyes and shook it off. "Enough already. I bought you." Eisuke said impatiently. 
     "Oh boss, you taking a fancy to her already?"
     "Shut up baba," he replied. Eisuke roughly took my hand and looked me in the eyes with a cold intimidating stare. 
     "Leave her alone!" The man by the window yelled. The whole room looked back at him in silence and Eisuke glared at him. I'm dragged to the second floor of the penthouse, after the door shut Eisuke dropped my hand and walked over to a table with a laptop. 
     "Great introduction Mr Ichinomiya," I muttered sarcastically while walking around the second lounge. 
     "Would you care to explain why so many of them know you?" he asked in a distant, irritated voice. He didn't actually sound interested in the slightest.
    "Well I actually work with Baba and as for Soryu I caught him in the middle of a shootout in an alley earlier today and I was kidnapped." I collapsed onto the couch and sighed exhaustedly.
     "Hmph. What about Mamoru? he seemed pretty protective over you," I pursed my lips and looked up to the ceiling. 
     "That was the guy by the window right?" I didn't wait for his answer "I actually don't know about him, can't say I've ever met him. The name's familiar though, perhaps it's just a common name," I thought out loud and Eisuke nodded once then went back to his laptop, after a short while my eyelids became heavy and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Eisuke's POV

"You should go to bed, you're up early tomorrow," I said without taking my eyes off my computer screen. No reply. "Sakura," I said a bit louder, annoyance laced my voice. 
     Who does she think she is?

I closed the files I'd been gathering on her and walked over to the sofa to find her asleep, I huffed in annoyance and clenched my jaw before leaning down and shaking her, she stirred in her sleep but rolled over without waking up. I rolled my eyes and easily picked her up then took her to the guest suite and put her under the sheets before leaving and closing the door behind me. I sighed and headed back down to the main lounge to find Soryu, Ota, Baba and Mamoru playing Black Jack and having drinks. I sat down and Ota dealt me in.
     "So boss," Baba pressed, I glanced down at my cards and saw I had the King of Hearts and the Ace of Spades- an extremely fitting winning hand. 
     "Nothing happened. She's asleep in the guest suite," I told them, I noticed Mamoru's gaze on me the whole time . I laid out my hand and to reveal I'd won the game. They all sighed in frustration defeat and I couldn't help my growing. 
     "So, Kishi, what was that outburst about?" I asked and took a sip of my champagne. He stomped out his cigarette and sighed, almost sadly.
     "Mine and Sakura's parents were very close friends but they kind of drifted." The room fell silent. 
     "So where are her parents now?" asked Ota curiously. 
     "They died two years ago," he said before taking a sip of his champagne. "I'm going to bed," he said and left the room. Baba cleared his throat to get our attention before speaking.
     "Poor thing. What are you going to do with her, boss?" My face turned blank, not wanting to discuss the matter openly yet. 
     "That's still to be decided," I told him. Baba and Ota left shortly after and I turned to Soryu and spoke in a hushed tone. "My father's cancer has gotten worse, he doesn't have long to live and he asked to visit." I paused for a moment to let the information sink in while Soryu kept his usual cool expression. "Months ago I told him I had a girlfriend to cheer him up but now he's told me he'll be visiting next week. So, I'm going to use Sakura as my girlfriend," I informed him, he nodded. 
     "And then you'll let her go?" 
     "Yes. Then she can go back to her normal life,"  I said bluntly. He stood up and walked out of the room without another word, leaving me with my thought until I did the same.

Sakura's POV

I woke up early to find clothes folded up on the table, all my size along with a key to the elevator and a phone that only seemed to have the numbers of the men I'd met yesterday evening. I showered in the en suite and put on the clothes and stuffed the key and phone into my pocket, I entered the lounge but found it empty. I strode downstairs to the first lounge, the smell of omelets hit me and I followed it to the kitchen to find Soryu standing by the stove.
     "Good morning," I said quietly while looking up at him. 
     "What're you doing up so early?" he said, completely ignoring my greeting. 
     "I have college today, I can still go, right? I need to record my song today." It was weird to think I was completely unaffected by his mean demeanor, he dished up an omelet for me and then one for himself and we sat at the large dining table. I took a bite and many flavours melted in my mouth, "woah this is really good," I said and took another bite, a slight blush crept to his cheeks and he took a bite. 
     "Thanks," he mumbled and I giggled at his reaction. Obviously desperate to steer the conversation in my direction he asked what college I attended and I smiled proudly after telling him I went to a college for the musically gifted. He nodded slightly and checked his watch. "You do realize you're going to be late, even if you left now." My eyes widened and I checked my watch. 
     "Crap!" I exclaimed. 
     "Don't worry, the Ice Dragons headquarters are not too far from there, I'll drive you," I thanked him and took our plates to the kitchen and washed them before joining him in the elevator and descending to the lobby and to the exit where a matte black Bentley sat waiting for us, I gaped at it and he frowned slightly, "get in." I did so quickly and we drove in silence to my college, at my request Soryu dropped me off around the corner so I wouldn't make a fuss.

After college ended I walked out to find a large crowd gathered by the gates, I pushed through the crowd to see what had happened and to my surprise there was a shiny black limousine, standing next to it was a man in a suit. I looked around to see if anyone stood out but I turned back to a voice that had called out my name, it was the chauffeur, he opened the door and with a gentle hand lead me in before he closed it and got into the drivers seat. I looked to my left and found Eisuke reading some paperwork. "What the hell? Why did you do that?" I asked while folding my arms over my chest. 
     "I need to make sure my girlfriend doesn't run away," he  answered, still not looking at me. 
     "What?" I screeched. He looked up at me with a scowl. 
     "Be quiet," he reprimanded, "we're attending the I.V.C's this evening and then the auctions. I'm taking you back to the hotel and we'll go shopping for a worthy dress." I gulped and looked at him with narrowed eyes.
     "I think you're forgetting that I'm not your girlfriend," I retorted. 
     "From now until I say otherwise you're my girlfriend, my father is dying and his last wish before he dies is to see me settling down," he sighed, "after my father visits I will think about letting you go." I kept quiet after that and Eisuke smirked. We arrived at the hotel minutes later. We entered the elevators and went to a floor lined with expensive boutiques. Eisuke lead me into a boutique lined with different kinds of dresses. He walked around and pointed to a rack with dresses hung on it. "This one," he told the sales assistant who hastily directed me to the changing rooms. After about an hour of trying on dresses, both long and short and in an array of different colours, Eisuke finally chose a long red dress with a sweetheart cut and slit up the right leg, although I liked it it wasn't something I'd usually wear, he didn't care though and gave the dress to the sales assistant and told her to send it to the penthouse along with a pair of silver stilettos which to my amazement I didn't find too difficult to walk in. Next we entered a jewelers and he ordered the man behind the desk to bring out the most expensive silver jewelry they had, after a few moments the man brought out a silver diamond necklace along with matching accessories in a velvet display case. He nodded and ordered it to be delivered to the penthouse and we walked out and to the elevators again. "Ota, do Sakura's hair and makeup for the I.V.C's" Eisuke said with his back to us as he walked up to his suite. I smiled awkwardly at Ota and he took me to his room. After about half an hour Ota stepped back and looked at me like I was his masterpiece, which made me blush. I looked into the mirror and felt like a whole different person. 
     "Wow Ota, thank you so much," I grinned, knocks sounded on the door and Baba stepped in with two boxes and a bag. 
     "Woah, Sakura you look gorgeous," he smiled sweetly and kissed my hand, I pulled it back and his face fell. "Here's your dress and jewelry," he placed the boxes and bag down on a table, "just let me know if you want me to give you a hand getting undressed," he finished off his usual teasing with a wink while closing the door. I shook my head and rolled my eyes, he wasn't a different person like I'd previously thought. He was still Baba; my favourite flirtatious co-worker. I got changed quickly after that thought and put on the dress, shoes and jewelry before shyly leaving Ota's suite and walking to the lounge.