Chapter 13

I followed Soryu out of his office and back through the mansion. I kept my head low until we got outside again and took a deep breath of fresh air, I exhaled loudly and Soryu looked over at me. "What was that?" He questioned with a raised brow.

"It smelt too much of.. guys" I chuckled and walked along side Soryu back to his car.

"How do you survive staying in a same room with Eisuke then?" He laughed and got behind the wheel, I stopped just as I reached for the handle.

Why would he bring him up?

I got in and we drove down the road, the mansion disappearing behind the tree line behind us

"Can we stop off at my apartment? It doesn't look like I'll be able to stay there for a while and I need fresh clothes," after some back and forth arguments- Soryu's most favorable argument being that "Eisuke won't like hearing that his 'girlfriend' was somewhere she shouldn't be"- we arrived outside of my apartment complex fifteen minutes later. I got out of the car, excited to be able to see my home again.

After unlocking the door to my second floor- one bedroom, one bathroom- apartment I walked in. "Welcome to my humble abode," I said over my shoulder as Soryu filled me inside.

He walked past me and around my small open plan living room. I shrugged and made my way to my bedroom.

My bedroom.

I squealed in my head before running and jumping onto my bed. My smile widened as I took a deep breath of my pillows and hugged them but a low cough snapped me out of my euphoria; and brought me back to reality.

Oh god..

My face flushed with embarrassment and I sat back up and brushed my skirt down, "oh, sorry, I've just missed my bed."

He chuckled and walked round and laid on the other side of my bed. I sat up, opened my wardrobe and took out a suitcase. It made a low 'oof' sound when I hauled it onto my bed.

Why is it so heavy?

I wondered and unzipped it, Soryu watched me from his position and I threw the top of the suitcase off revealing it to be full of my favourite detective, horror and romance novels. I grinned as I started taking them out.

My eyes widened when I picked up Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama. It was the 6th and latest book in his detective series. I hadn't gotten a chance to read it before moving in and I must have forgotten about it. The case was finally empty and I noticed Soryu sit up and pick up the last book. "You read Hideo Yokoyama?"

I looked up at Soryu after I dumped a pile of clothes into the suitcase, "yeah, I love these detective novels, I was hooked after the first chapter of the first book," I smiled and put a few other items in the case.

"His writing is addictive," he agreed.

Is this even the same guy? He seemed nothing like the cold mobster- at least not when he was talking about something he was interested in.

"So tell me, what is a mobster like you doing reading detective novels? Aren't mobsters and detective enemies or something?"

"I guess so, when I was younger I wanted to become a detective," he shrugged and  put the book down.

Best I leave this matter. He didn't seem to be happy talking about it.

"Oh.." I muttered and decided to place the book in my case.

"Ready?" He asked and stood up.

I nodded and we left my apartment- locking it behind us, of course.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet. I don't know why but I didn't want to go back to the penthouse. Actually that was a lie, I knew exactly why I didn't want to go up there; seeing Eisuke was inevitable and I'd also have to try to make amends with Naoki.

Somewhere in the middle of my deep though we pulled up in front of the hotel and I sighed heavily. Soryu immediately caught on and looked over at me, "you don't want to go up, do you?" I pursed my lips and gently shook my head. "If it makes you feel any better I won't tell him anything, what you told me was confidential."

"It's not that, well it is, but that's not the main reason I don't want to be up there." I glanced up from my lap to Soryu but dropped my gaze when I saw him looking at me with narrowed eyes. "Something happened last night and it's awkward and I just don't want to be around him."

"You didn't sleep with him did you?" He asked angrily, my head snapped up and his brows were furrowed.

"W-what? No. Nothing like that, I would never sleep with a arrogant womanizing jerk like him." I huffed and folded my arms.

"Well, what's the problem then?"

"Can I trust that you won't run off and tell him? I know you are best friends but can you not tell him I'm telling you this?" Soryu glanced upwards before nodding.

"Well, yesterday we ended up in pretty intimate positions,- more than once- I've never been close to a guy like that before." I paused thinking whether I should continue.

"So you don't want to be up there because he got too close and it scared you off?" He chuckled. "Wow, Ichinomiya scaring off a little girl?" He asked in disbelief and his laughter grew louder. I frowned and he began calming himself down.

"He kissed me. Well not really but he did, it was light and soft but it was short and abrupt. He pulled back the second our lips touched and went back to being a jerk." Soryu's eyes widened and he looked at me in shock.

"He kissed you but pulled back? And I'm assuming it was your first kiss and you regret letting him take it and throw it back in your face?" He quizzed.

"I don't regret it but I do. It's confusing. I don't know what to think. I wanted my first kiss to be special, romantic and I wanted it to be for someone I loved and that loved me back; I certainly don't love Eisuke. He's using me, for goodness's sake. And I don't like the fact that I get goosebumps when he touches me or the butterflies I get in my stomach." Soryu looked at me for a infinitesimal before nodding and climbing out of the car. I groaned knowing that I couldn't hide in the car forever. As we walked into the lobby a bell boy collected my suitcase insisting that it would be brought up to the penthouse immediately. Then Soryu and I entered the elevator.

Sakura. You idiot. You total blabber mouth.

I shouldn't have ranted on like that, I had a terrible habit of blurting out all my feeling when they become too much to bare. The ding of the elevator informed us of our arrival.

"I think he likes you," Soryu said quietly before the doors opened and he walked straight out and into his suite without a word. I heard a faint chuckle coming from him before he closed his door and another one, above and behind me clicked open.

------------------------------
Hey guys!
So I'm feeling a bit conflicted- by IAmHoneyJea (refrence to another KBTBB book that I LOVE, check it out) I had an idea that I kind of like for a sequel, and no this book isn't done yet but I did have an idea that I quite liked; although I wouldn't be working on it until after this one is finished.

BUT..

I don't know if anyone really reads and enjoys this book, if they don't I'll not continue to make a sequel.
Please comment your opinions so I know if anyone is enjoying my writing.

Anyway,
Goodnight (or really early morning) guys!Hope you liked this chapter!
X O X