Chapter 27

It wasn't long until Friday rolled around and I smiled happily as I rolled out of bed and showered.

Since Hinami dropped out of the competition and had nothing better to do during the week she would join Haley and I in my recording room to help me get ready for the competition.

The three of us had gotten quite close in the short time that we'd known each other and none of us could wait until Saturday when they would both come over.

As I stepped out of the shower and dried off, my phone begun to vibrate. Almost tripping as I ran to my bedroom I couldn't help the tingling feeling that this time it might be Eisuke calling.

I glanced at the Caller ID and bite back a disappointed sigh as I answered.

"Hey Naoki."

"Hey sweetheart, how've you been? I hadn't heard from you for a while."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, I've just been really busy lately."

"You don't have to apologize."

"Okay.. I'm actually glad you called, I think we need to talk."

"Yeah we do. Want to meet at Long Island?"

"That sounds good, is ten okay?"

"Of course sweetheart, see you soon," he cooed before hanging up.

I bit my lip and went onto my messenger app, in serious need of a pep talk from the girls, I clicked on out group chat; appropriately named 'SHH 🤐'.

08:38.
Sakura: Are you guys up? I need a pep talk 😁.

08:39.
Hinami: What's up?

08:39.
Haley: I'm here 🙋🏻.

08:40.
Sakura: There's a guy (long story) and I'm pretty sure he likes me, I thought I did too and he's really sweet, but I just don't like him the same way.

08:41.
Haley: Damn girl 👏🏻 you got them lining up!

I couldn't help but laugh at that as I brushed my hair and put it up into a bun while I awaited the girls' reply.

08:43.
Hinami: Tell him you still want to be friends.

08:43.
Haley: Yeah, tell him that you just don't feel the same way but you don't want to lose him as a friend.

08:45.
Sakura: Okay, thank you guys! I'll let you know how it goes tonight. 😌

*

"Hello sweetheart," Naoki smiled.

"Hey," I said quietly as I pulled myself up onto the bar stool.

"I ordered you a coffee, just how you like it."

"Thanks that's really nice of you.." I trailed off as I took a sip.

"I know what you're going to say," he said quietly and I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "I don't blame you, I knew you didn't feel the same."

I nodded quietly unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's okay," he smiled, "still friends?" He asked in a hope filled voice.

"Still friends," I nodded with a smile.

"Oh and by the way, if Eisuke hurts you. In any way I will find him and kill him with my bare hands."

I laughed and shook my head, "don't you keep up with the news? We're not together anymore."

"Damn, I'm sorry. I didn't know," he said guiltily and scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled reassuringly.

*

I couldn't help the relieved sigh that escaped me when I got home that evening. Naoki and I were still friends, to which I was extremely happy about.

Deciding to give the girls the details they were waiting for I switched my phone back on and opened our group chat.

I smiled as I read though the messages I'd missed; ranging from how their days were going to what each of them were bringing for tomorrow.

I sent a quick message saying that it all went well and that Naoki and I were still friends.

Both girls sent messages saying that they were happy that everything worked out before we all said goodnight.

------------------------------
Don't forget to vote and comment! Your feedback really motivates me to get chapters up quicker! 😃

Bye for now,
XOX