Chapter 5

Mamuro's POV

I laid back on the couch in the penthouse lounge, exhaustion took over me. As I closed my eyes and settled down for a quick nap the sound of the elevator arriving to the floor caused me to sit back up, I rolled my eyes.

Seriously can't I get a moments peace?

I expected to see one of the guys, but my face fell to a frown and I stood up, rushing to the two figures who'd entered the penthouse. It was a man in a black and white suit, holding Sakura who seemed to have passed out.

What the hell's going on? Shouldn't she be with Eisuke? I'm going to kill that son of a bitch.

"Hey man," he spoke while looking from Sakura's face to mine. "She passed out, I assumed she lived here because she had the key." He tried to explain while attempting to move past me and further into the lounge, but I blocked his path.

"Give her to me," I said a little protectively but no way was I going to let this strange man in here. He nodded. Carefully he placed her in my arms and put her clutch bag down on a table near the elevator. I turned around and carried her to the couch, I knelt down studying her to make sure she was okay and by the time I looked up again the man was gone. I left her in the lounge as I went into the bathroom, grabbing a towel, and dampening it with cold water I headed back to the lounge and gently placed  it on her forehead.

"Hm, kid..." I shook my head and dabbed her face to try to cool her down.

"You're too innocent for all this, I'm so sorry," I apologized knowing none of this was my fault but somehow feeling guilty.

She stirred and slowly blinked her eyes open. She sat up a little until she finally noticed my presence.

"Oh- uhm.. Mr Kishi?" she questioned.

"Yes.. Saku," I replied and stood up to go and get her some water to sober her up a little. I walked back out of the kitchen moments later with a bottle of water and some pills to ease her headache. But the moment I stepped back into the lounge I felt a much smaller body jump up and hug me tightly, I smiled and hugged her back.

"Mamo," she giggled softly.

------------------------------

Sakura's POV

I sat on the couch; frozen.

'Saku...' There's only one person who would call me that.

I silently stood by the door that my childhood best friend had disappeared through and waited for him to reappear. He did moments later and I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He was a little surprised at first but quickly returned the hug, my breath hitched when something cold touched my back and I giggled.

"Mamo."

After setting me back down and steadying me. Mamoru handed me a bottle of water and two pills for my headache, I gladly took them from him but not before glaring at the bottle for touching my back when it was so cold. He shook his head and muttered something under his breath. I told him to wait where he was and told him I would be back down before I ran upstairs and into my room in Eisuke's suite.

I showered as quickly as possible and put on some pajamas before skipping back down to the lounge. Not surprisingly Mamoru was standing by a window puffing on his cigarette. I smiled when I saw a steaming cup of coffee on the coffee table, he sat down in one of the single seat sofas and I took small sips my coffee.

"I can't believe you still remember the silly nicknames," I giggled, I was so happy, the happiest I'd been since I'd gotten into this mess if I was going to be honest. I had been reunited with my childhood best friend, I'd pushed the memory of him out of my mind after we moved away in order not to sadden myself too much but they all came back to me now.