Chapter 29

The weekend went by before I knew it and now I sat backstage waiting for the students before me to preform.

I was the 38th contestant so after making sure I looked perfect in my short maroon dress with long sleeves, my hair straight and my makeup looking flawless.

I felt amazingly confident.

I hope I make you proud, mum and dad. I love you.

I said a silent prayer as I looked at my reflection. A small smile appeared on my face, then I reached for my phone. My eyebrows lifted in surprise from the many 'good luck' messages. It warmed my heart and gave me an amazing fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

Deciding not to let the lack of a text from Eisuke get to me I turned my phone off and put it back with the rest of my things.

I made my way to the curtains where a male student was just finishing his first song.

I smiled at him and gave a small nod as he walked backstage.

"Good luck." He whispered as he walked past and the spotlight shone on the MC as he waited for the applause to die down and to call my name.

I took a deep breath and while the audience  applauded once again I walked on stage.

It was a large stage, various instruments stood around for people to play. I walked straight to the piano on the far right of the stage.

The spotlight prevented me from seeing anyone in the first few rows. But I knew that Hinami, Haley and the guys were all siting front and center since I'd given them all front row tickets. I smiled then sat down.

The applauds quietened down and I took a deep breath and began playing.

When I finished the song the audience cheered loudly and I felt my heart skip a few beats. I smiled brightly as I heard a few familiar voices call my name from the front. I bowed after standing up and walked off stage.

------------------------------
Hey guys,
Hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next few chapters set during the competition will be short, just to give you all a heads up.

Please check out Alayna's cover of Nirvana by Sam Smith. Her YouTube channel is Alayna Powley. Give her some love, she has serious talent and deserves all of it.

Also don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. Your feedback really helps, thank you! :)

Bye,
XOX