Chapter 15

I turned my head to look out of the tinted window of Eisuke's limo. As well as Akira accompanying us to pick up the leader and princess of the Bell Crickets  so did Soryu, saying he had private matters to discuss with the mafia boss. The journey to the airport was quiet apart from the occasional spluttering cough from Akira, I worried for him. He was beginning to look more pale and sickly as each day went by.

*

We arrived at the airport shortly after and stood waiting for Simon and Mei Ling Lee.

An older man and young woman rounded the corner,- two bodyguards on either side- it was them. Eisuke must've sensed my uneasiness because after a few short moments of watching the pair draw closer he reached for my hand and slowly intertwined our fingers as if we were a real couple.

Calm down Sakura, it's just an act. This is no different than pretending in front of Akira.

I sighed silently and put on a smile for the approaching pair.

"Akira Ichinomiya, it has been so long!" Simon exclaimed, shaking his hand before pulling him Ito a brotherly hug. My heart warmed at the sight.

"You look well, I'm glad to finally be able to see you." Akira smiled.

My attention was dragged away from both men when I heard my name, I looked up at Eisuke and he smiled down at me briefly before snaking his arm around my waist. "It's lovely to meet you Sakura, I'm Mei Ling," she was so full of energy and happiness. It brought a genuine smile to my face.

"You too. I love your cheongsam," I complimented, a faint blush came to her cheeks and she bowed her head.

"Thank you! I already know you and I are going to be great friends," she giggled and looped her arm through mine; dragging me out of Eisuke's hold as she pulled me along with her to the exit.

------------------------------
Soryu's POV

The ride from the airport was relatively quiet apart from the chatting and giggling between Sakura and Mei Ling.

Ugh. Woman.

I was more than thankful that the chauffeur pulled up in front of the five star restaurant moments later and we all walked inside. We were lead to a table on the second floor reserved for VIP customers.

I noticed Simon eying me from the seat to my left while we looked over our menus and ordered. I was only here because he had asked to speak to me about a business deal that I may be interested in.

While Sakura and Mei Ling spoke endlessly about one topic after the other I caught Eisuke glancing at Sakura although she had her head turned the opposite direction. I smirked at this, it was rare that Eisuke saw a girl as anything other than a toy. "Remind me to tell the others I won the bet," I chuckled and Eisuke looked at me with a frown of confusion.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Oh nothing, just a bet." I replied casually and carried on with my meal. Eisuke sipped his wine and looked at me warily.

"What on?"

"I bet that you'd fall for her eventually." I straightened my spine and raised a brow waiting for him to object.

"What a stupid bet, and shut up," he glanced to my left, referring to Simon and Akira who obviously took no notice of our conversation.

"So I win?" I laughed and Eisuke rolled his eyes.

*

That evening we made our way to the casino and played roulette.

"Soryu, may I have a word.. Privately," Simon added and nodded to the door leading to the main floor.

"Of course," I replied and walked beside him until we were out of the busy casino.

"I have a business deal that I think you will be very interested in."

"You do? Please, continue." I urged, intrigued to hear his proposal.

"Well, after extensively looking for a man to marry Mei Ling to it has come to my attention that there is no suitable matches."

I frowned slightly.

Why is he telling me this?

"I'm sorry that you haven't found a suitable husband for your daughter." I replied trying to sound apologetic.

"No, my boy, it's great," he grinned. "I'd like you to marry my daughter."

My face became stolid. "I apologize, Mr Lee, but I can't marry your daughter. I'm getting closer and closer everyday to overthrowing Ryuun and would like to focus on that." I bowed to show respect before straightening up to my full 6 foot.

"What if I told you that by marrying my daughter you would be powerful enough to overthrow Ryuun and take over the Ice Dragons, by marrying my daughter I would gladly give you the backing, power and money, to restore the Ice Dragons to what your grandfather created." Simon raised a brow knowing he now had me interested in the offer.
"But I do ask that once you have overthrown Ryuun and took your place as the leader of the Ice Dragons you will return to Hong Kong with my daughter."

Admittedly I hadn't thought of that, I'd be twice as powerful if I had the backing.. But Hong Kong?

"I'll think about it, thank you for the offer." I bowed before I turned on my heel and walked to the elevator to go back to the penthouse.

------------------------------
Hey guys!
Sorry I haven't been active for a little while, I've been busy. Hope you understand.
I wanted to get this chapter out as soon as possible so I didn't really check for spelling mistakes.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment! I love getting your feedback! :)

Bye! XOX