Chapter 12

"Wait! Where are you taking me?" I asked and tried to pull my wrist out of his firm grip- which only seemed to get tighter. He dragged me into the elevator and looked down at me coldly.

"You and I need to talk," he growled. This was the first time I'd seen him like this.

He's in the MA-FI-A! What do you expect?

I gulped and nodded quickly. Obviously amused by my reaction. He straightened back up and held my upper arm while he lead- well more like dragged- me out of the hotel to his Bentley.

The car ride was silent until he parked outside of a large mansion. We both exited the vehicle and I stood staring up at the large oak door. "Come on, I don't have all day." Soryu muttered and I quickly followed him up the steps to the door, he opened it and I gingerly walked in afterwards.

We stepped in to a large lounge filled with men, knowing that they were all part of a mafia group made me instinctively move closer to Soryu. He could be scary but right now he was the safest person in the room; that I knew of.

"Inui!" Soryu called and a man with brown hair walked down the stairs.

"Yes, sir?" He smiled brightly but his expression faltered. He stood in front of Soryu and I then extended a hand for me to shake. Still feeling unsure I glanced up to Soryu who looked back impatiently. I slowly reached my hand out and shook his. "I'm Ryosuke Inui, but you can call me Inui!"

"Down dog," someone with black hair said from one of the couches; causing the men surrounding him to erupt in laughter. I looked around in confusion and noticed Inui with his head lowered. I immediately felt bad for the young man and rubbed his upper arm.

"I'm sorry, it's okay Inui." He looked up in surprise and I noticed the tears in his eyes. I gave him a small smile and I was pulled into a tight embrace.

"Than you so much," he said quietly before letting me go.

"Don't worry about it," I bowed and turned to face Soryu. But he'd disappeared, "oh, do you know where Soryu went?"

Inui nodded, "follow me princess," he grinned and lead me to a door in the far corner of the room. I turned to him as we stood in front of it and bowed.

"Thank you, and sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, my name is Sakura Itoh." I smiled.

"You don't need to bow, miss!" he insisted and Soryu opened the door.

"You can go back to work, Inui," Soryu said and pulled me into the office. I sat on the chair in front of Soryu's desk and he opened a file. He took a page out and laid it on the desk in front of me. "Do you know this man?"

My eyes widened and I nodded, "yes, he's..-" I paused trying to think of what to call him"- he's a friend of mine." Soryu chuckled and I looked up from the file to him.

"He works for The Pheonix's. The mafia group that kidnapped you on Monday evening."

"I'm aware of that," I rolled my eyes. Which fell back to the photo of him on the file.

Crap! I was supposed to meet him last night for a date.

I closed my eyes and mentally slapped my self. I need to call him as soon as I get my phone.

"What is this about?" I questioned.

"We have surveillance footage of him in the lobby last night between the hours of seven and eight o' clock. Seeing that Akira Ichinomiya and you are both in the hotel- although they may not know it- there is a chance one of you are being targeted and planned to use against Eisuke." I stared at Soryu, my mouth agape. "What happened on Monday night?"

I bite my lip and glanced around the room. "Well after I kicked the can two men in black suits stood in front of me and knocked me out. I woke up a while after and was tied to a chair, Naoki came in and spoke to me. After a little while I asked him to loosen the rope because it was hurting me and that's when I ran. I could hear him chasing me through the halls of the mansion we were in but I turned a corner and bumped into a large China vase. It fell and smashed and I guess that's when the boss got really mad." I took a deep breath, remembering how close to death I had came that night. "He held a gun to the back of my head and told me that if I moved he'd shoot me on the spot. Noaki was instructed to knock me out but he didn't do it with a gun, he held a cloth to my nose and mouth and the last thing I saw was his eyes- they were full of sorrow- while my sight became blurred and dark. After that I woke up in a large cage behind some curtains and I guess that was when I was wheeled out to be sold." I lowered my head and looked at my hands in my lap.

"Have you had any other interaction with Naoki?"

"Uhm.. Well-" I broke off and bite my lip. "- there was a phone number in my hand bag and I was confused so I called it. It was him and he wanted to make sure I was okay then he offered to take me out on a date as a thank you because he helped me when I was drunk. " Soryu leaned forward- pen in hand.

"Do you have his number?"

"Its on my phone back in the penthouse. I was supposed to go on a date with him last night. He was meeting me in the lobby but I completely forgot because Eisuke's father arrived and-" Soryu cut me off.

"That's all I need to know," He stood up. "Come on."

------------------------------

Hey guys!
Oooooh things are starting to warm up. 😈

Credits to itsmari-a for making my new book cover! I love it!! Check out her stuff she's amazing.

Also don't forget to vote, comment and add to your reading list. I love hearing you guys' opinion.

Bye