Chapter 18

Tears still cascaded down my cheeks by the time I reached the hotel. But through my blurred vision I could still see and feel the judgmental glares from passers by. Making a B line to the penthouse elevator I stood inside blindly searching through my purse for the key card until I heard a familiar deep voice from the top of the stairs leading to the elevator. I furiously tried to wipe away my tears to make my image of the world clearer and as I did that, Eisuke's tall body appeared in front of me. Swiftly pushing his key card into the slot and pressing the button for the 51st floor.

"Have you been crying?"

"N-no. It was just the rain," I choked out but my voice very clearly gave it away. Eisuke reached down and tilted my face up to look at him.

I must have looked pathetic, my wet hair clung to my face along with puffy red eyes and a ragged breath. Nothing like the beautiful women he must have been with in the past, yet here he stood, looking at me with concerned eyes when I fully expected him to laugh in my face.

"What happened?" He asked in such a gentle voice I wouldn't peg it as his own if it hadn't been that he said them right in front of me.

My mouth fell open to answer him but just the thought of what happened caused me to break down again. Eisuke must have sensed how weak I was feeling because as I cast my eyes downwards to avoid his, my knees suddenly grew weak and Eisuke pulled me against his chest in a tight embrace. And that's how we stood, almost in silence apart from the sound of my occasional sobs.

Why was he being so nice? Why hasn't he pushed me away and rebuked for staining his million dollar outfit with my tears?

However, the thought of Eisuke being nice to me made me even more emotional.

After a few moments Eisuke stopped stroking my hair and the sound of the elevator opening it's doors came to us. Eisuke pulled me out of the elevator with my body tucked tightly under his arm.

"Hey boss-" Baba and Ota cut themselves off when they noticed me too. "Sakura?" They asked in a mixture of concern and confusion. Eisuke twisted my body slightly so that I was shielded from prying eyes.

"Not now," Eisuke muttered coldly.

I stood awkwardly in the lounge of Eisuke's suite while he took his phone out and spoke into it. "Bring me up a coffee and a sweet tea." He hung up. "Go take a warm shower and change into something comfortable," he demanded softly.

*

I stepped out of Eisuke's room- dressed in warm pajamas- to find him sitting on the sofa siping his coffee with a disgusted look. He placed it on the coffee table, walked over to me and slowly, as if he was scared he would break me, took my hand and lead me to the sofa and sat next to me. "Drink this, it will help calm you down." He said and picked up a small china cup that smelled of strawberries and vanilla, I couldn't hide the small smile that tugged at my lips.

"Thank you," I whispered while carefully taking the cup from him and sipping it. I looked ahead of me, to the rainy skyline of Tokyo, painfully aware of Eisuke staring at my profile.

It was a few minutes until I finished my tea and looked to my left, "are you going to tell me what happened?"

I sighed, I couldn't keep it from him and he was part of the reason it happened. "There was this girl at college, called Lola. She obviously didn't like hearing that we are 'dating'" I used air quotes around the word dating "So she took it upon herself to let me know how pathetic I really am.. And then she laughed at the fact that my parents are dead." I said quietly and looked down at my lap. Deciding not to let out what she'd hold me about where he likes to be in the bedroom. After all she only said it to make me jealous, if only she knew we aren't even dating.

"You're not pathetic," he said so quietly I wasn't sure if I'd heard him correctly.

"Huh?"

"I said you're not pathetic," he said a bit louder and turned my face look at him. "I'll make sure Lola isn't heard from for a while."

I jerked my body away and looked at Eisuke in shock, "y-your not going to kill her.. Are you?" I asked in a horrified whisper.

Eisuke scoffed amusedly and smirked, "I wasn't planning on it, I just think that it's time for her to go back to America. She's been getting on my nerves recently too." He muttered and looked away.

So it was true, they do know each other. It didn't bother me but my stomach still cringed at the thought.

------------------------------
Eisuke's POV

I couldn't place my finger on it. It was a strange feeling- right in my chest- when I found Sakura crying, I'd never felt this before, all I knew was that I didn't like seeing her so upset. It angered me and when I found what or more precisely, who was the cause of Sakura's tears it angered me even more. Lola was just some American whore who put out and was lucky enough to catch my eye for a split second. Nothing more. Even after the countless times I'd told her I was done with her she'd always try to come back to me, it made her look pathetic.

The complete opposite of the strong woman next to me right now.

I could tell she was strong, keeping her emotions hidden, and the disgusting remarks from Lola was what tipped the scale. I was just glad that I could be the rock by Sakura's side when she needed one.

------------------------------
Hey guys,
I'm so sorry it's been almost a month since I've updated, I didn't even realize people read (or even would miss) my book but a H U G E thank you to those of you who do, your views, votes, comments and feedback are really what motivate me to carry on. I can't believe we're almost at 1000 views! That's insane and it makes me really happy. ☺️

I go on holiday soon and I'll try my hardest to split my time as evenly as possible between this book and what I'm already working on  with my mum, but just in case I can't I'll line some chapters up, so look forward to that. 😉

P.s. Can we just take a second to appreciate how freaking adorable the photo of Eisuke and Sakura at the top is? Like just... Aw ! 😍😇

Bye XOX