Chapter 16

It was already eleven o' clock in the morning when I woke up, without Eisuke next to me. I got out of bed and got ready, it was a lovely day out maybe I'll see if I can go on a walk around the park. I smiled at the thought and walked into the lounge, but Eisuke wasn't there either. Deciding to not lett it bring down my mood I continued down to the penthouse lounge where Mamoru stood on the balcony smoking.

"Hey!" I grinned as I skipped onto the balcony.

"Mornin' kid," he smiled and exhaled white smoke.

"Do you know where Eisuke is? I wanted to ask if I could go out today."

Mamoru frowned slightly and looked down at me from the corner of his eye. "He and his father went to the hospital."

Oh no, this can't be happening.

My heart practically stopped and my hands covered my trembling lips. "You don't mean..." I asked in a horrified whisper.

"No, no. Just chemo." He muttered and stubbed out his cigarette.

I breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

"They'll be gone for a few hours so if you want to go out you can, just take a phone with you and make sure you don't come back too late." Mamoru advised before walking back inside.

I contemplated going out for a moment.

Go out. You might not get freedom like this for god knows how long.

I reasoned and grabbed my purse before taking the elevator down to the lobby and exiting the hotel.

Where to go.. What to do..

I wondered, I was so glad to get some time alone that I had no idea what to do with it.

Then I remembered I owed someone an apology. Stopping in the middle of the busy street I took my phone out of my purse and found Naoki's name in the contacts.

*RING* *RING*

"Hello?"

"Hi, uhm Naoki?" I asked with a little uncertainty.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"I am so sorry about the other day, I got caught up in.. Stuff and completely forgot about our date." I apologized guiltily.

"It's okay sweetheart, I understand."

"I was hoping to be able to make it up to you, are you free?"

"Mhmm," he hummed and I could almost hear the smirk he most likely held on his face.

"How about lunch?" I suggested with a smile on my face.

"Sounds good, I know a great bar that serves amazing food. Have you head of a bar called Long Island?"

"The one by the park?" I was sure I'd walked past it a few times but had never been inside, it looked nice however.

"That's the one, I'll see you there in fifteen minutes."

"Okay, see you soon. " After saying good bye I headed in the direction of Long Island. It wasn't until I could see it just ahead of me that I noticed how nervous I was. I shook it off and opened the door.

Naoki sat on a barstool casually talking to the bartender who had medium length dark hair. I slowly walked closer and cleared my throat. Naoki turned his head and after the look of surprise disappeared a bright smile took its place. He stood up, took my hand and gently kissed my knuckles, "it's so good to finally see you again sweetheart. You look gorgeous," he said softly and squeezed my hand slightly before letting it go.

Wow. What a gentleman!

I blushed and the butterflies in my stomach grew more intense.

"Thank you," I replied shyly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Here," he said as he pulled the bar stool out for me. I giggled as I lifted myself onto it.

"You must be Sakura," the bartender grinned and held a hand out for me to shake " I'm Kunihiko, but please call me Kuni." He insisted while we shook hands.

"Okay, Kuni," I nodded and smiled back.

"Is there anything I can get you?"

"Oh, a glass of water would be fine." Kuni nodded and got my water before heading over to a table of men who were sitting watching the baseball game.

I looked over at Naoki and blushed when I realized he was already looking at me.

"So, Sakura.. Tell me about yourself." He asked- seeming genuinely interested.

I couldn't remember the last time someone- apart from Hinami- was genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Naoki and I both ordered tempura shrimp for lunch and spent hours upon hours talking and getting to know each other.

I was surprised at how much we had in common and how well we got along. And I was more than glad I could make amends for standing him up the other night.

Once the sun began setting I decided it was time for me to head home (well, to the hotel as least). After insisting I'd be fine walking alone I said goodbye to Naoki. I had already crossed the street when a familiar voiced called out to me from not too far away, I turned to face its source and found Naoki jogging across the quiet road to me.

"I forgot something," he said before pulling me in for a hug and softly kissing my cheek.

That's when all the butterflies and the thumping heart I thought I had gotten under control came back and I looked away to hide my flushed face.

Naoki chuckled and gently turned my face to look into his eyes. "Text me so I know you got home safe, okay?"

"Okay," I said quietly and nodded. I stepped out of his embrace and began the short walk back to the hotel.

------------------------------

Hey guys!
I really enjoyed writing this chapter cause it's just so damned cute >.<

Ooh and hope you guys caught on to the My Forced Marriage references, haha. Couldn't resist having the group in there.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Night! X O X