Chapter 8

Eisuke's father stared at me for an infinitesimal moment. I smiled and bowed out of politeness and respect. "It's lovely to meet you, Mr Ichinomiya." He nodded once before looking to Eisuke, the whole thing felt really awkward- and Eisuke's arm around my waist wasn't helping to ease my nervousness.

"Shall we?" Eisuke said while he gestured to the sofas and coffee table. His father nodded and both men sat down. I picked up the the teapot and poured coffee into three cups. I took my seat next to Eisuke, making sure there was a little space between us.

"So, Sakura is it?" Mr Ichinomiya's expression was unreadable but his voice was light.

"Yes, I was born when the cherry trees were blossoming and it was my mothers favourite flower."

Okay, this isn't too hard. You can do this.

"What do you do for work?"

Uh oh, what if he doesn't like me because I'm not wealthy.

"Oh- uhm.." I paused for a moment.

'Just be yourself, tell him about you.'

Eisuke's words replayed in my head and I took a deep breath. As if able to read my mind Eisuke placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded slightly.

"I work part time at a convenience store while I attend college." I smiled and slowed down my breath as not to give away my nervousness. His face fell to a frown then eased again.

"You go to college? Which one? What do you study?" My eyes widened and I smiled as I felt myself relax a little.

"I attend a college for the musically gifted just out of the city."

"Wow, how interesting!" He smiled and I sighed in relief. I smiled back and nodded before taking a sip of my coffee. "If you don't mind me asking how were you able to pay for your college tuition?" He asked with his head tilted slightly.

"Not at all," I sighed before continuing, "my parents passed away a few years ago and they paid for my tuition out of their will." Mr Ichinomiya's face fell and he placed his hand on top of mine-which were now on my lap.

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

"No, no it's okay," I smiled a little and shook my head. I'd be lying if I said I was a little surprised at how nice Eisuke's father was; I was expecting someone coldhearted like him.

"Will you be staying with us, father?"

"If it's okay with you, I don't want to be a burden."

Wait. If his father stays I won't have anywhere to stay and I can go home.

I squealed inwardly. "Of course not, you can stay in the guest suite here," I grinned and looked over at Eisuke who was looking at me.

Has he been staring at me this whole time?

I instantly felt nervous again, "right Eisuke?"

I saw his jaw clench and and he looked back towards his father. "Of course, I've booked out the restraunt on the 5th floor for us this evening."

"Great, I have some business to attend to so I'll meet you both here, shall we say seven o' clock?"

"Perfect, we'll go shopping in the meantime," Eisuke looked at me and raised a brow slightly with his usual smirk.

------------------------------

Eisuke's POV

She thought she was going to be able to go home? I don't think so. What can I do for her to say..

Then it hit me.

I'll get someone to move her things to my room while we're out.

I smirked already picturing her reaction when she finds out. A little while later Sakura and I parted ways from my father after we got off on the 21st floor. I lead her into a boutique and told the sales assistant what dresses I wanted Sakura to try on.

The first dress was a short black dress with straps that crossed at the back. After scrutinizing her I shook my head. Too short, I don't want the guys looking at her.

The next was a navy dress; it reached her knees and had white lace on the back.

Not bad.

I felt my usual smirk on my face as I looked her up and down, I nodded. "Try on the next one," I told her after she'd disappeared behind the curtain. I took my phone out of my pocket and sent Kenzaki- the manager- a message.

Eisuke: Send 2 female employees to my suite. I need them to move all the clothes and personal belonging from my guest suite into mine.

Kenzaki's reply came moments later.

Kenzaki: Of course, sir. I'll send them right away.

I put my phone back into my pocket just before Sakura pulled back the curtain. I tilted my head and motioned for her to walk forward and turn around. She did so, and I nodded in approval. What I'd picked out for her this time was a tight fitting red cheongsam, I liked the way it accentuated her curves. I picked out a pair of white heels for the navy dress and red ones, which I gave to Sakura to put on. I told the shop assistant to send the other items up to my room.

As we left I pulled my phone out of my pocket. No texts from Kenzaki, they must still be up there. I looked around deliberating what to do.

"Come on, I'm taking you to get your hair and makeup done." Sakura nodded and followed close behind me to the beauty salon. At some point between entering and exiting the salon I'd received a text from Kenzaki telling me that everything had been moved and both rooms had been cleaned.

"Uhm.. Mr Ichinomiya?" I hummed to show her I was listening as I kept my gaze on the setting sun. "Do you think your father approves?" She paused for a moment and I looked down at her. "Well not approves because that would imply this was real but.. Do you think he believes it?" I chuckled under my breath.

Yep. She's still nervous around me.

I looked at my reflection in the glass and was slightly surprised to find I had a small smile on my face.

"Who knows, he certainly likes you as a person but tonight will show if he believes it."

"Oh-" she looked down then back up towards me, "-you'll let me go after he leaves, right?"

"That was the deal wasn't it?" She nodded and the elevator announced our arrival to the penthouse.