Chapter 11

Soryu's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. The alarm clock which was sat next to my ringing phone flashed 08:00. I groaned in annoyance and picked my phone up off the nightstand. Unlocking the device with a swipe across the screen I held it to my ear.

"Sir!" Inui's slightly panicked voice came through the speakers.

"What is it?" I said, not bothering to mask my annoyance.

"It's the Phoenix's, one of their men were spotted in the lobby last night, we don't know what he was doing there." I sat up after hearing this information.

"I'll be at the office in twenty minutes." I hung up after that and got ready in record time. After racing through the streets I arrived at the Ice Dragons head quarters. I opened the door and walked in.

"Sir! Finally you're here," Inui grinned, "the files and surveillance footage are in your office." I nodded and he walked along side me, I glanced down at him and he stopped "we don't yet know what the purpose of the man being there was but I will find out for you sir," he spoke with a determined voice and bowed deeply before I entered my office- closing the door behind me.

Hm. Let's see.

I sat down at my desk and switched on my computer, immediately I was greeted by the surveillance footage from last night in the lobby. The time in the bottom right hand corner showed 18:55:00 when a man in a navy suit walked in, he stood by the stairs leading up to the elevators but never once tried to enter them.

Strange. Was he waiting for someone?

I watched the screen intently noticing that he would check his phone and watch often and glance around the lobby, once the time in the corner showed 20:00:00 he ducked through the crowd and left the lobby.

I minimized the tab and opened the file in front of me, because of the high quality of the camera it was easy to identify which member of The Pheonix's it was. I studied the photo of the man known as Naoki Ukiyo. Like me he was second in commend, but for me that position would soon change.

I called Inui who came bounding in like an over excited puppy. He stood in front of my desk waiting for my orders. "Get me any information on recent trades The Pheonix's have had, in or out."

"Yes sir," Inui nodded vigorously and bowed before leaving my office again.

Right, back to work.

I looked down at the files on my desk.

No one knew about Mr Ichinomiya's arrival yet, did they?

I took my phone out of my pocket, scrolled through my contacts until I found Eisuke's name and pressed it. The phone rang for a few seconds before he answered.

"What is it?"

"Does anyone outside of the penthouse know about your father being here?"

"No, why?"

"A member of The Pheonix's was spotted last night in the lobby of your hotel. I needed to make sure he wasn't being targeted," there was a long pause.

"No one knows about my father being here and I'd like to keep it that way until Wednesday." I nodded despite Eisuke being unable to see me.

"Okay." I replied before hanging up. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. With Eisuke's father in the hotel and the IVC's having just gone the whole thing seemed a lot more suspicious.

"Come in," I called to who ever had knocked on my office door. Inui walked in with a smile and handed me a few documents.

"This is a list of every business transaction The Pheonix's have had in the last six months," I glanced up at him before looking at the documents.

Hm.. Let's see.

Weapons, documents, jewels nothing really stood out until I flipped the page. 'Sakura Itoh' there was a short description of the 'item', the sales price and to whom it was sold to.

Of course, how could I forget? They were the ones who'd kidnapped Sakura. They certainly couldn't be interested in her, she was sold to an anonymous bidder. For all they know she could be miles away.

I stared down at the paper with a frown on my face. I took a pen and roughly circled the transaction. I looked up at Inui who was still standing in front of my desk. "Get me another copy of Naoki Ukiyo's file, he's the second in command of The Pheonix's." He nodded and left the room, coming back moments later with Naoki's files.

Looks like I need to find out what really happened that night.

I nodded to myself before I stood up. "I need to go, call me if anything happens." I told Inui as I walked through the threshold.

------------------------------

Sakura's POV

I woke up and groaned as I flipped myself onto my others side but froze when I saw Eisuke laying on his back, I could feel my cheeks burning but I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

He looked so peaceful when he's asleep.

I sighed and covered my face with my hands.

Not much longer and I can go.

I pushed the sheets to the side and got out of bed. Taking out a white button up shirt, maroon jumper and maroon tartan skirt I walked into the bathroom and got dressed.

I emerged from the bathroom ten minutes later to find the bed a mess, minus a sleeping Eisuke. I rolled my eyes and smoothed out the sheets before leaving the room and walking into the lounge of Eisuke's suite. He sat on the sofa working on his laptop. "Coffee." He demanded and I remained silent as I walked into the kitchen and made two cups of coffee; one for Eisuke and one for Akira.

I took the tray out and placed it on the coffee table. Eisuke glanced at the table then frowned up at me. "What's with the other cup?" He asked questioningly. I straightened myself and looked back with a confused expression.

"It's for your father," he shook his head and closed his laptop before he took a sip from his cup.

"My father has gone out to see to some business."

"Oh-" I muttered and pursed my lips. "May I?" Eisuke said nothing but gestured for me to sit. I bowed slightly then sat on the sofa across from him, making sure to keep a safe distance. Not a word was spoken between us and even though I kept my gaze away from him I could feel Eisuke's gaze on me.

After he put his cup back on the tray I stood up and took the tray back into the kitchen. I wiped my wet hands- from washing up- on a towel and walked back into the lounge to find Eisuke and Soryu talking. Soryu looked up and narrowed his eyes at me, "I need to steal you for a while." He said cooly before grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of Eisuke's suite.

Chasing Unexpected Love|| (Eisuke) KBTBB Fanfic ||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara