The best man pt 3

I sit on my floor, really not knowing how I'm feeling. He said he liked the kiss, but he doesn't want to be with me. What does that mean?? Ten minutes past, then fifteen, then twenty, and all I can think of right now is regret.

I then feel the urge to see him again. To apologise, or to ask him what he meant. I don't know, I just want to see him one last time before he's gone forever. I quickly stand up, grab my keys, and run to my car driving to the airport. I don't know whether I will actually be able to see him or not, but it's worth it.

I keep glancing at the time, actually wishing for it to go faster so I can be at the airport already. I make it to the airport and probably the hardest part was finding a spot.

I finally run into the airport looking for the gates. I ask around and quickly get directions for it and then I run again.

I hope he's still here. I hope he's still here. I hope he's still here.

I make it to the entrance of the gates and look around. There's hardly anyone here but I still can't see them. That's when I saw it, the two curled brown hairs almost to the door of the gates, and if they make it through that door, there's nothing I can do.

"TROYE!!" I yell out to them, but they don't realise and continue walking. "TROOYE!!" I yell out once again.

Troye kind of looks beside him so he's heard it but he doesn't know where it's coming from. I then let out the loudest Troye I could probably produce.

"TRROOOYYYEE!!!" I yell and he turns around to which he then gets wide eyes and the same fear that showed on his face prior.

I run to them, Jacob now turning around as well, and I stop right in front of Troye.

"What-what do you want Connor?" He says, obviously afraid of what will happen.

"I just...I wanted to apologise again and...I um-" I say feeling the tears start to roll out.

"I already said I'm not mad."

"But why?? Shouldn't you be since you have a husband and I dragged you into it!?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Jacob asks standing behind Troye, rudely listening in on our conversation.

"Nothing Jacob, just go over there!" He says as Jacob follows his command. "This is enough Connor, you should go."

"No! I'm not going anywhere until you tell me how you feel!!"

"I have a husband, and I don't feel anything towards you." He says gritting his teeth and not daring to look me in the eye.

"The connection you said you could feel..."

"Enough Connor."

"...that wouldn't have been a friend connection. Not even a best friend connection..."

"Connor."

"...you know what it was, so why did you never tell me?..."

"Connor I said enough."

"...I feel like you were just afraid, because you felt something towards me..."

"Connor I swear to god!"

"...so why did you never tell me?! And why, if you did, why did you get a husband?..."

"Connor stop."

"...why would you feel that's the right thing to do?"

"ENOUGH, CONNOR!!" He says as I finally stop and he continues to look down at the ground breathing heavily.

It's completely silent for a few seconds until he speaks up again.

"I got Jacob, to try to forget about you, because you would never love me."

"But I did!!! That's why you should've-"

"Stop Connor, it's too late. I've fallen in love with Jacob now, and he is my husband..."

"Tro."

"And I am not in love with you anymore." He says, now staring right into my eyes, showing me that, that is the truth. "So, please. Would you leave, because you are making Jacob feel really awkward now."

"Tro, tro please!!" I yell as he starts to walk to Jacob and grabs his arm. "So that spark, you felt with me and never felt with Jacob, you're just going to ignore that and leave it forever?!"

He doesn't turn around, doesn't even flinch. But he does look back for a split second, and I'm not sure if he has sorrow in his eyes or complete anger, but I know he still won't come back.

"Tro, please, don't go through that door!!" I say, voice cracking as single tears fall down my cheeks.

"Goodbye, Connor." He says then leaving me to that empty airport all by myself.

I look around, tears crashing down on the floor, and I fall with them. I'm kneeling on the floor, just crying into my hands, knowing that whatever he felt today, will just be a forgotten memory in his head for tomorrow. That I, will be a forgotten memory as well.

All I ever was to him, was the best man. And that's all I'll ever be.

That was actually so fun to make omg

I wanna make more oneshots like that damn

Ok goodsbyes people's