Together as One 18 - 21

Chapter Eighteen – “You Moron…”

“Hey!! Just where do you think you’re going?!” I hollered over the loud pack. I smiled widely as everyone turned to look. I was standing on the clearing’s edge, leaning upon a wolf.

“Duck!!!” Sef, Rose, and Moon Stone hollered in unison.

“Mommy!!!” Bell yelled running over to me.

“Mother!!!” Dew said, running to me, picking young Bell up in her jaws and racing over with her.

I smiled at them both, turning to the wolf beside me, “Tsuna, can you please let me go now…?”

The silver wolf beside me nodded, his eyes still holding an ounce of worry. 

I smiled then leaned off of him, stumbling a little, but as soon as I had my footing I started to slowly walk to Ghost, “What’s the matter… you look like you’ve seen a ghost…” I said, stopping half-way and grinning wildly.

“More like an angel.”Ghost said, watching me his eyes hiding nothing.

I snorted, turning around showing him my right side, everyone gasped, “I still look like an angel?” 

I smiled a little, watching everyone’s reactions. I couldn’t blame them, it was pretty ugly… my once scar less coat now had a long gash from my shoulder to my right front foot.

Ghost smiled, “No matter what you look like… to me you’ll always be my Duck… the wolf that holds the key to my heart…”

I almost choked, either from laughter or surprise I couldn’t tell, because the next thing I knew, Ghost had me pinned to the ground, licking my face like there was no tomorrow, Dew had both Chaos and Bell’s eyes covered the best she could manage, and everyone else was either leaning on a tree laughing so hard they could barely stand, or rolling around on the ground laughing.

I growled, “Ghost!!! That hurts!!!” I grumbled, trying to hide my face, while attempting to shove him off. Of course he didn’t budge an inch due to my effort, but more due to the fact that he realized what he was doing. He bounced about four feet back, and if you could’ve seen through all the fur, I was pretty sure that he would’ve been completely red.

I laughed, “Hey… I never said you HAD to go so far away…” I smiled, my eyes a little hurt. 

Ghost laughed then looked to the wolf behind me and his eyes grew a little… cold, I turned, “Oh right you guys this is Tsuna. He is the wolf that saved my life… and for that I’m very thankful…” I dipped my head to him, “The only pay back I can offer you is to invite you into the pack, but only if you want to, ‘cause we are one crazy bunch of wolves…”

Tsuna smiled a little, “Sure Duck. And there is no need to be so thankful; any wolf with a heart would’ve helped you… you looked pretty bad when I found you…”

Tsuna started to shake his head, while me, the one wolf who found humor in almost every situation, started to laugh a little, “It was probably one of my worst… or maybe it was the time when I had…” I trailed off, a rush of hurt sweeping over me, as I remembered my lost pup, so much that if I hadn’t just been reunited with my friends and family I would’ve melted to the ground, “Any… anyways…” I choked, “You can talk to Kaname and Sef about which rank you would like….”

I walked over to Ghost, and licked his muzzle, “I’m back…” I mumbled.

“Welcome home.” He said smiling.

“Oh!” I said, whipping around, “Kaname!! Are you gonna take over the pack now?” I asked.

Kaname gave me a huge grin, “Duck… I never considered it mine… It has ALWAYS belonged to you two…”