Together as One ~ Chapters 12(2) - 17

Chapter Twelve – Back… and Well

We broke the border around noon on the fifth day of our traveling back… When we had left the mountain side running, we had made it as far as I wanted to, then we walked and stopped for two days, and then ran once more on the whole trip, causing us to make it back two days sooner than it took us to get there..

I smiled and drew in a sharp breath, “I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve missed this place…” I said, grinning.

They all agreed smiling, “Well… then… who’s up for another run…?” Sef asked, looking around at all the eager faces. 

I laughed, “I’m game.” I said, smiling to them, then turning and leaping through the air. I flew through the forest, and burst through the bushes that surrounded the den-site, smiling as heads flew up, looking alarmed. 

As the other females caught up, Ghost appeared into my view, I smiled widely, warmly, and lovingly at him, and he smiled the same smile back. I watched as the females ran to their mates and started licking their mates’ faces. 

I looked at my sister, who was still standing beside me, and smiled, “Welcome… to the pack… Sky.” I said, and the talking immediately stopped, everyone looked at me and my sister, as I trotted over to Ghost, eager to be by his side again. 

He smiled at Sky, “So you are the ever famous Sky…?” He asked, totally acting like he didn’t know she was blind. I smiled, he was… doing ok; on the way back I had thought he would act… differently to her, and that scared me a little, because I knew how bad both of their tempers could get… 

She smiled, “Yes… that would be me…” Sky said, looking at me and smiling. 

Ghost grinned wickedly, “So… you’ll be able to tell me some embarrassing things about Ducky here…?” He asked, nudging me a little.

Sky grinned deviously, “All in good time Ghost... all in good time…” 

I sighed, “Well do whatever you want... see if I care.” I said, walking over to the clearings edge and laying down in a quite spot to rest. Before I fell asleep I noticed the other females that went with me on the trip, doing the same…

Chapter Thirteen – Bigger Family

I lay in the soft nest of fur and bracken that I had prepared for my pups, about a month ago. Today was a little different from the month that had passed since my pups were born because Ghost would be able to see them for the first time. 

I looked up and growled as I heard footsteps approaching, a soft chuckle left me know who the animal was, and I immediately relaxed, “Ghost…” I whispered, as he walked through the den’s entrance. 

He stopped and smiled at me, “Duck…” He said, before walking over to my side and licking my ear, “I missed you…” He said, looking into my eyes.

I smiled, “So did I…”

He grinned then turned to look at the three pups nuzzling my side, “Beautiful!!” He exclaimed, his eyes lighting up.

I smiled up at him, then bent over and licked one of the small pups, “There are two boys and a girl…” I said, I looked at them, and then turned to Ghost, “You name the boys…” 

He grinned, “How about… Phantom… and Chaos…” He said motioning to each. All of our pups were black… except for one spot on two of them. The boys had a white spot, Phantom’s was on his left front paw, and Chaos’s was on his upper forearm of his right leg, “What about the little girl…?” He asked, looking at her.