We Meet Again - Chapters 12 - 17

Chapter Twelve – Wolves of Our Past, and Now of Our Futures…

I looked out at the pack, not quite sure if I was ready for the job of taking on a pack, but with Ghost by my side, and Dew under my feet, I was getting more confidence by the minute. 

Ghost and I were standing behind Rose and Moon who were addressing the pack, and telling them that they were stepping down from the role of Alpha’s, and appointing Ghost and I as the new leaders.

“We hope you guys will show them more respect than you have done for us...” Rose said, they turned nodded their heads to us and walked away. I nodded to Ghost and he walked forward.

“As you all have seen our land isn’t doing too well… this is because of you…” He paused, letting it sink in. “We need to start hunting in different areas of the lands, spreading out the range of our kills, so this way we don’t take out everything in one area…”

Everyone nodded, “We were thinking of having the two betas…” I paused, we had forgot to announce that, “The betas now are Shadow and Sef…” I went back to my other statement, “control where the hunting takes place and when, and until you guys get this into your head, that’ll be how the hunting remains…” I said a fierce glint in my eyes. 

The silence that had been while I was speaking remained a few minutes longer, until everyone nodded, and went back to their own little circles to discuss the new things that were happening in the pack. Ghost and I turned and walked away. I stopped, remembering we were one family member short, “Where’s Dew…?” I asked, a hint of worry cracking my voice.

Ghost smiled, “You sure are a good mother.” He said, pausing and flipping his head towards Shadow and Swift, “She is over there with those…” He was cut off when Keith came running into the clearing yelling for us. 

Ghost and I quickly ran over to him, “What’s wrong!!” I growled fiercely, my heart racing, fearing for my friends and family around me.

Keith stopped to gain his breath, “There is a group of seven wolves traveling this way…!” he said, still gasping for air. 

My head shot up, not because of Keith’s statement, but because of some oddly familiar scents the wind carried with them, “We need to get some wolves out there to…” I cut Ghost off by putting my tail over his mouth.

“That won’t be necessary…” I paused, turning around, “Rose, Moon!! We have some visitors… that I think the four of us will be happy to see.” I said motioning with my tail to Ghost, Rose, Moon, and myself. 

Rose, Ghost, and Moon all looked at me with confused faces, which made a smile light up across my face; after all being the wolf with the best sense of smell in the whole pack, did have its advantages… “Just come on!!” I said, digging my hind legs into the soil beneath my feet, and using it as a spring board, “I’ll explain… or rather you’ll see when we get there.” 

I raced through the trees, my two good friends and mate following behind…

Chapter Thirteen – Friendship Can Last a Lifetime 

I walked through the forest at a none to slow pace, Ghost on one side, Moon and Rose traveling behind. I walked through the trees my pace growing as I got closer to my pin pointed location, which was in the middle of the meadow that was on our territory. 

I stopped, and turned to the wolves behind me, “Just in case my nose is wrong I want you guys to stay here…” I looked at each one in turn, Rose nodded, Moon nodded, but Ghost hesitated, he looked at me, and my heart sank. “Please don’t give me that look…” I whispered, “If… my nose is wrong and these wolves aren’t who I think they’re please, take care of her…” I said, walking up to him and licking his cheek.