As a Shining Star - Chapter 18 - 22

Chapter Eighteen – Battle(Part 1)- Wandering Soul

Duck’s Point of View

As I heard the growling and rumbling of the wolves we were about to engage I started to feel the blood start pumping; running all over my body racing at what seemed like two hundred miles a minute. I wanted to move, and as soon as I heard the Black Winds alpha say, “Charge!!” I leapt forward my soul and mind looking for one single wolf.

I hadn’t spotted Lyla yet, so I knew she would come later on. I turned to help Sef, she was small, but she had guts, she was up against two full grown males, by herself. “Need some help?” I asked jumping in and pulling one of them off of her.

She smiled as she was free to move more, “Thanks Duck.”

I turned back to the other male, “Duck…? What kind of a name is that?” he asked and evil looking grin on his face.

“My name, one you better fear!” I said lunging at him. I was aiming for his shoulder, but he turned just enough to were my jaws latched into his neck. He whimpered and started biting at my feet, I laughed letting him go, it was almost law or maybe a code of the Shining Stars not to kill your opponent, but just hurt them enough to give them a lesson.

I turned to Sef; nodded and wandered off to find my next opponent, I was pretty sure I looked like a soul wandering in search of that one thing it needed most. The blood of the lead tracker Lyla… little did I know that Lyla had moved up majorly in ranks.

Chapter Nineteen – Battle (Part 2)- Trouble on the Horizon

Ghost’s Point of View

I watched as Duck raced away, “So much for sticking together.” I mumbled.

“Hey Scars… Why don’t you pay attention and stop mumbling to yourself!” a big male said leaping down from a rock, almost landing on top of me.

“Are you talking to me?” I asked looking around, like I didn’t know.

“Well duh!! I’ve never seen a wolf with so many scars on its coat!!”

I laughed, “Thanks for noticing, but my name isn’t scars… Its Ghost… I’m the Ghost that’ll haunt you for the rest of your days!!” I growled leaping at the male, he tried to leap back, but he was to late my jaws clamped down on his neck and I heard the snap that would kill even an elephant. (you know because if an elephants neck was snapped it would die… get it?)

I looked up hearing a klicking sound in front of me, “Ghost!! You aren’t supposed to kill them!!” Kaname growled, walking up to me.

“And just why not?” I asked.

“Because it breaks the codes of the packs!!” Kaname growled.

I laughed, “Kaname, if you guys don’t change your ways a little then you’re going to have some problems. Besides it’s not my style to leave my prey alive…” I grinned and walked away, looking for Duck, trying to make sure she was ok.

Little did I know Duck's battle for her life and the revenge of her loved ones was just on the brink of the horizon.

Chapter Twenty – Battle (Part 3)- The Deadly and Dangerous Blood Thirsty Duck

Duck’s Point of View

The wolves all around me stopped fighting and I wondered what was going on. I walked up to Ghost, “What’s happening?”

“The alphas are challenging each other…” Ghost said.

I smiled, “You want to watch? I’ll bet Shadow will win.”