Together as One ~ Chapters 6 - 12

Chapter Six – Trouble…

I jolted awake, but that was a mistake, my head throbbed with a full blast of pain. I went to stand, but that was a bad idea also, I had gotten up so fast that I didn’t notice that I was in a literal box! I growled, “Now what in the name of Lupus is this?!?”

Even though my question wasn’t meant to be answered, someone on the other side of the strange metal box answered it, “It’s a cage… you’ve been caught by the Wildlife Vets of the Slough Creek area…” Said a strange husky voice.

I stuck my nose out of the little gaps in the front of the cage, I looked into the bigger box that we were in, there were similar boxes to the ones I was in out lining the edges of each side of the bigger box, but the strange thing was that the boxes held many different kinds of animals, there were skunks, coons, foxes, squirrels, and a few other wolves. My eyes scanned the bottom row of boxes on either side of the room that I could see. I gasped, “Moon! Lyanti! Ariant! Kogasio! Arashelle!” 

Two of my pack mates responded lifting their heads groggily, “What wrong...” Moon stopped mid sentence springing to his paws, doing the same thing I did by hitting his head on the top of the box. “Where are we…?!” He asked, growling, and scratching at the front of his box.

The same husky voice beside me sighed, “Like I told this one here… you’re in a Vet clinic on for the Slough Creek Mountain animals.” 

For the first time I noticed a little slit in the right side of my box, so I slowly walked over and peered down into the box, straining a little, because I was so short. What my eyes saw was something I was defiantly not expecting there was a well muscled, normal colored, male grey wolf laying in the pen next to me. 

“What is your name…?” I asked, cautiously.

“Eternal Ice, but I’m usually called Ice… You?”

I’m Duckheart, or Duck… Alpha female of the Eternal Knights of the Phantom Hills Pack…”

Ice laughed, “Quite a long name for a pack there…” 

I growled, “So what?!”

“Now, now missy, I was just kidding no need to get your tail in a knot.” He said getting up with a heave. I gasped; this wolf was covered in scars, but not like Ghost… He had a scar on every inch of his body. 

He smiled, “I know pretty ugly ain’t it…” 

I smiled, pushing my worries aside, “No… A coat fit for a warrior…” I said, hurt making my voice crack.

Ice raised an eyebrow, “What’s wrong little lady…?” 

I smiled, “You gave me a small reminder of my mate there… He too is covered in scars from nose to tail…”

He nodded his head, and decided to leave the conversation at that.

A few minutes later, a small sliver of one of the box’s sides opened and in stepped a two-leg. I growled, shrinking into the depths of my box. The two-leg stepped through the door and in stepped another. I growled, my heart sinking as they went to Moon’s box. 

They opened the front of his box and put an odd mask on him, Moon fell to his box floor in an instant. My mind quickly flashed back to Rose and my heart sank, but deeper this time. I got up and took the two steps it took me to get to the front of my box, and I started growling, snapping my jaws, and scratching at the boxes openings.

The two-legs looked my way and smiled to one another, and went back to their work. They lay Moon on the silver slab of rock in the middle of the box. Ice came to the front of his cage, “I wouldn’t do that… it only makes them get you out next…”