Book 4 - Together as One - Chapters Prologue - 5

Prologue 

I starred at Duck, like she had gone mad, she just grinned one of her silly grins up at me. I laughed, “I’m a little surprised that you even had to ask!” 

DUCK

I looked at him, smiled, and giggled, “You know Ghost… It’s only fair that I asked the question this go around.” 

“And hopefully either of us never have to ask it again…” Ghost said, getting up, I too got up. My ears caught the sound of rustling in the bushes, and I sighed.

Ghost looked at me puzzled, “What was that for?” He asked.

I smiled and walked over to him and whispered, “We’re being watched…. We have been for a while…”

Ghost looked at me stunned, then to the trees, “Come on you guys, and get you tails out here now!!” He said a rough edge to his voice.

We stood, side by side waiting for the guilty party to come out of the bushes surrounding the clearing we were standing in, as each wolf stepped out, we smiled, “So… happy now?” I asked.

Everyone smiled, and grinned big grins, while Dew walked up to us, her face a picture of hurt and love both at once, “You know… I never thought I would see you two like this again… Makes me remember how much I missed it…” She said, running the last few steps to us and rubbing on us like a cat.

We smiled and laughed, “Dew…. We love you, and we’re sorry.” 

She looked up at us, “I love you guys too.” 

As the pack members around us finished giving their congrats, I looked up to the fading stars and smiled, “Nighttime sure is a wonderful thing.” 

“Yes, but the night will be over soon and our pack members will be wondering where we all are…” Swift stated.

I looked to Shadow, “Go back to the den… and get everybody… it’s about time we reunited the packs…” I said, trailing off and smiling at Ghost.

“As the Eternal Knights of the Phantom Hills Pack….”

Chapter 1 – BIG NEWS… and Lots of it…

I watched out over the reunited pack members, as everyone got settled in for the winter, I was turning three soon and I wondered if Ghost was thinking of the same things that I was , but I highly doubted it…

“DUCK!!” Moon came running up to me screaming, “Duck!!” I jumped to my paws thinking something was wrong.

“What is it Moon…?” I asked, my eyes wide, for Moon hadn’t really ever yelled like this before, but the expression on her face was one of excitement, not of fear or a look of a worried wolf, so my heart stopped pounding for a few seconds.

Moon Stone lowered her voice, “Guess what?!” She said, in a whisper with a big grin on her face.

I looked around to the other females who had had this look on their faces every time each of them had told me the news, that I was pretty sure Moon would be blurting out soon, “Yes…?”

“I’M GONNA HAVE PUPS!!” She did a little skip, happy dance thing and looked at me, grinned again and raced over to Frodo.

I watched them, then got up and went over to Ghost, “Hey.” I said walking up to him and being greeted with a lick to me cheek.

“More pups I’m assuming…?” He asked.

“Yea… our pack is growing…” I said, looking to each of the females that were now carrying pups.