Together as One ~ Chapters 6 - 12

Začať od začiatku

I growled fiercely, “I have a duty to my pack and my friend to protect him!!” I paused, “Besides the sooner I’m “examined”, the sooner we get out…”

Ice laughed, “I guess there’s some logic in that…” I looked over at him and saw him start following my example. I smiled to myself, and began again. The two-legs looked over at us both, shook their heads, and muttered something about “Pack members” and “These should be the three…” and then went back to their work.

A few minutes later they were done with Moon and put him back in his box. They then turned and walked straight to my cage. They stuck their two long legs, that never touched the ground, into my box, and put an odd contraption on my muzzle, but I didn’t fall asleep like Moon, instead this odd piece of scratchy “fur” kept my from being able to bit the two two-legs.

MOON

I awoke groggily and sprang to my paws, once again forgetting about the box’s top, I banged my head on it, but I was too preoccupied with the sight before my eyes to worry about it, there was Duck on the center of the big slab of rock in the middle of the room, a weird contraption on her muzzle, and she looked half dead. 

I growled, remembering the promise Ghost and I had made to each other…

***

“Ghost… If something ever happens to me… or if something ever happens and I’m “taken” away… please look after Rose until I get back…”

“Gladly… but I’ll only accept on one condition… the same for Duck…?” He paused, a smile playing upon his maw, “I know she can be a pain sometimes, but I don’t think I could keep on living if we were ever split apart again…”

I sighed, “Same here… same here.” I looked over to where Duck and Rose lay, their breathing steady, their hearts pumping, sleeping, side-by-side, like good friends do. Ghost followed my gaze, and we watched our two mates the rest of the night… 

***

I snapped my head back into reality, as one of the two-legs yelled, “Wow!! She pregnant!! Look there’s one… two… three…”

I smiled to myself, Boy is Ghost gonna love this one!! I thought…

GHOST

I twitched as the night sky once again filled the air, “Duck! Where are you?!” I growled, launching myself into the air, and landing on our boulder. I looked out over the land, my feet getting antsy. 

“Ghost!” Steel called up.

“What!” I growled, spinning around. She shrunk back, “Sorry Steel… I’m a little frustrated, but what is it…?” 

“I was wondering if you wanted me to get a search patrol out…?”

My eyes lit up, “Maybe tomorrow, but that is a brilliant idea!” 

Steel walked away a proud grin on her face, but I was to occupied to watch her any longer than to see that she was walking away. 

I sat watching the stars, and I started to appreciate Duck’s love for the night sky, and now I understood why she loved it so much. My thoughts were interrupted, as a pair of tan feet appeared on the rock.

“Don’t worry Ghost they’ll be back.” Rose said, watching the sky with me.

“Rose… Duck had a major melt down the other day…” I said, smiling at the memory.

***

“Ghost!!” Get a grip!! Geez!!” She growled, truly annoyed, you could see it in every future of her body.