You're Taking Me Where To Do What?! I Don't Think So (Chapter 14)

Recap:

I ended up sitting on his stomach with my feet on his arms. I looked around, still no Aiden. Strange, maybe he needed more time. I thought i could interogate Donald by myself so that's just what i did. "You got some explaining to do Donald, like how that poison got in my food." I said.

All the sudden i could see the terror in his eyes. I didn't think i was that menacing, obviously i thought wrong. "Cora, behind y-" Donald started but i didn't hear the rest because at that moment the back of my head exploded in pain. The pain was excruciating and so strong it overpowered all my other senses. It didn't last long, before i started falling unconcious. My last thought was, where's Aiden? before i blacked out.

*********************************************************************************

Chapter 14

(POV) Aiden

"Remember to stay safe." I whispered in her ear before walking off.

I hope she'll listen and wait for me. I don't want to see her hurt again. Maybe i shouldn't have said we should split up for this, it could be a set up after all.

I came to the opening of the alleyway i was going to take. I shook myself to clear my thoughts. Focus, here and now and Cora will be fine. I told myself.

As i started down the alleyway i made sure to look casual so anyone looking would think i was taking a short cut, while making sure my footsteps made no sound. It was harder than it looked, especially with bits of gravel all over the place.

I was just turning a corner when something in the corner of my eye, caught my attention. I turned to look at the object and thought i recognised it. As i bent down to pick it up i realised i did know it, and I knew it very well.

I was about to turn around when something hit me over the head and i blacked out almost instantly. My last thought was, i hope Cora's okay.

(POV) Cora

I started to wake up and realised i was somewhere warm, which was wierd because if i was still outside i would have been cold and able to feel the wind. I realised my hands and feet were tied but were also somehow joined. I started to panic but then i made my self relax, so that to anyone looking at me would think i was still asleep.

I remembered being hit over the head with something, the throbbing pain in my head was a constant reminder. I smelt the air and it smelt of car fumes and behind that a faded metallic smell, someone must have stored metal here and come to it quite a bit. I listened for any noise next by quieting my breathing but not so much that it was noticeable. In the distance i could hear voices and machinenary. I realised where i was, in a warehouse or someting near warehouses, probably abandoned because there's no real smell.

Next i listened to see how many people were in the room with me. I could hear someone breathing deeply next to me but nothing else. The person breathing suggested they were asleep and i didn't think it was a guard because they probably wouldn't be this close and why would they be asleep or trying to fake it?

Could the person next to me be Aiden? Or was Aiden alright and looking fo me? If, so why would he take so long to get to Donald, unless he was...? i didn't finish the end of that thought. I opened my eyes and turned to the person next to me and as i did they opened their eyes and i was caught in those familiar deep blue, soul-searching, eyes that i loved. I scanned him over with my eyes checking he was okay, he looked alright.

"Aiden?" I asked, hoping this wasn't some cruel trick.

"Yeah, it's me. What happened to you? Are you okay?" He asked in a rush.

We were whispering but you could still hear our voices echo around the small room we were in. The walls were all a duerry grey, that matched the floor and ceiling. The room was about the size of an average office, but had no carpet. Sitting on the floor was making my butt hurt and start to go numb.

"I followed the plan, there was no sign of you so i started the ambush. Donald was shocked and was easy to pin. I still couldn't see you so i asked him how he got the poison in my food before being hit over the head and knocked out." I paused thinking if i missed anything out. "I think Donald tried to warn me before it happened. What about you?" I finished.

"I was making my way down the alley and something caught my attention, i remember going to see what it was then being hit over the head. I blacked out instantly. Seems like the person likes hitting people over the head." Aiden answered.

"Hmmm, Can you remember what the item was? It could help us."

"I'll try. It was small enough that i normally wouldn't have noticed it, It was a bright blue and had patterns on it. I tlooked lik-" Aiden was cut off by the sound of the door swinging open.

We both looked up at the empty doorway. It was empty. That's weird. Then a figure stepped into the doorway and i knew then that this had been a set up and that Aiden probably had been invovled all along. I was going to kill him for not telling me when we got out.

*********************************************************************************

I'm keeping to my schedual as promised, next post should be up sunday at the latest. Love to hear your idea about who's in the doorway. Thanks for reading let me know what you think in general x