You're Taking Me Where To Do What?! I Don't Think So (Chapter 4)

Recap:

I walked over to a cabinet and open one of the draws. It was still there. I took out the medal my pop had gotten for bravery. I smiled at it.

Then someone spoke behind me.

*********************************************************************

Chapter 4

"How'd you get in? What do you want?" A voice asked.

I turned around and saw the girl standing in the doorway. I didn't hear her come in.

I could see that she was scared of me, so i gave my friendly-ist smile and told her. "I used to live here and just came back to get a few things."

She stared at me critically for a few minutes and then decided to trust me. She nodded her consent.

I turned back to the cabinet and pulled out a rucksack from the bottom and put the medals in it and a few other items.

"I'm not taking much, so you and your brother can have the rest." I told her while turning to see her reaction. She looked shocked so i decided to explain. "I saw you and you're brother leaving the house yesturday. I would have gotten my stuff then but i had to go."

She looked satisfied with my answer but worried at the same time. I turned back around to finish getting stuff.

After a few minutes she spoke up "Why did you leave?" By the tone of her voice i could tell she saw the beauty in this house.

I turned and told her the truth "I was forced to."

Her immediate question was "Why were you forced?"

It was my turn to look at her critically. She looked like she had been through a lot of Shit and had only just made it out. I decided i could trust her.

We went to the living room and sat down on the sofa. "I will tell you but first can you tell me what happened to you and your brother?" I asked.

She looked thoughtful for a few moments, probably deciding whether or not to tell me. Then she turned to face me and looking me directly in the eye told me everything. "I'm Emily and i'm fourteen and my brother is Max and he's four. Shortly after Max was born our parents died. We were fostered by a family before we even went to an orphanage. The family were alright at first, quite nice. Then after a while they decided they didn't want me and kept trying to get rid of me. It was about a week later that i decided we both had to leave. Max had been crying non stop and they couldn't take it so they hit him trying to make him shut up. I knew that if we went into care we would be split up so that night i packed two bags and me and Max left. We were living on and off the street until we came across this house. We've been here 2 months."

I smiled at her. I could understand what it was like. I then told here about the whole of my life including me being an agent.

It was silent when i had finidhed then she smiled at me and i couldn't help but smile back.

"In the kitchen on top of the cupboard there is a jar. It has some money in it and you may want to use a chair to reach it. I want you and your brother to use it." She looked shocked and was about to object when i interupted her.

"I don't need it but you do. When the money runs out you can sell somethings in the house. I ca tell you for a fact that everything in this house is worth at least a £1000. I just ask that you try not to sell the paintings. My pop painted them and sometime i would like to come back for them if i can."

You could she the surprise all over her face. "You mean you're letting us stay here?"

"Yes, i would like you to stay here. If anyone asks me where i got my stuff i'll tell them there was a market in town. I probably won't be back for a long time, if at all." She looked disappointed as i said the last part.

"I would like to come back but if they realise that i'm coming here they might decide to take a look and i don't want them to find you and Max." I told her sincerely.

She nodded understanding what i was saying.

It was 5:00pm. "I better go before they come looking for me. It was really great to meet you and i wish you and Max the best of luck." I smiled genuinly at her.

She smiled back. "Thank you. I can't thank you enough. I wish you luck." She told me then hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and left.

While i was making my way home i realised i really liked Emily and had grown attatched to her. Shame i won't be seeing her again though, i thought sadly.

When i got back Steve said "I didn't think you left with a bag."

"There was a market and i bought a few things, including the bag." I replied using my cover story. He just nodded and didn't say anything more about it.

I went to my room and showered, dried my hair and changed into black jeans and a black tank top. I went to the kitchen and was half way through eating my tea when there was a knock at the door.

I went and opened the door and there was a man standing at my door. He had green eyes, red hair and was like a mountain of muscle compared to me.

"You've got a mission with me. Seth." He told me. He looked at what i was wearing and said "You look fine in what you're wearing so come on." He told me then walked away down the hall before i could reply. I closed the door and followed him.

I had only been on one mission before but i was only watching William arrest a guy.

Seth got into a elevator and i quickly got in before the doors shut. "Do i get to know what this one's about?" I asked, as it seemed like he wasn't going to tell me.

"Like the last one you were on, except in this one you're not just watching." He told me.

At 8:00pm we arrived at a chinese resturant. As soon as we were parked Seth got out. I copied. He locked the car and headed towards the resturant with me following.

When we were in the resturant Seth lead the way to the back of the dining room and i almost froze. Sitting at one of the tables was Emily and Max.

I looked away instantly and carried on walking lik nothing happened. Then i realised the table we were heading to was Emily's.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for voting again. I hope you're enjoying the story so far.