You're Taking Me Where To Do What?! I Don't Think So (Chapter 9)

Recap:

"Yeah, I'd love to." Cora said.

I mouthed "Sorry." When my mum wasn't looking.

"It's fine." She mouthed back. I smiled at her and she sent me a dazzling smile back. My heart skipped a beat. What the hell is wrong with me?

*********************************************************************************

Chapter 9

(POV Cora)

Lunch was alright. Emily did most of the talking explaining in more detail what happened on my mission seeing as i was too embarrased to do it myself. Also i didn't really like the attention.

It turned out that Aiden's mum was an agent here as well but now mostly helped with the organising of running the business and spy agency on the side.

After lunch we went into the living room to talk some more. I managed to change the conversation to something other than me.

"I remember when we got Aiden a hamster. He loved it but it lasted all of two minutes. The next day we found it was dead, turned out Aiden had forgotten to feed it and wouldn't give it a minute to rest." His mum told me.

I could see that Aiden had gone red and was trying to hide it unsuccessfully. "Okay, how about we talk about something else." He said.

"Oh." His mum said, then as if she got the hidden message (was there a hidden message?) she said "Oh, okay." With understanding. "Have you had any pets, Cora?" She asked.

"Um, not really. I did have a fish pond but over winter it froze and when it eventually thawed there were no fish." I told them.

"No fish?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah, the pond was completely empty, we never found out what happened to the fish." I told them.

"Really?" Emily asked.

"Yeah," i said laughing at the memory " We always used to joke that they had grown legs and walked off to find better food. I suppose the cat next door could have eaten them but I was only 8 and liked the idea of walking fish."

"You win." Aiden said."

"I win?" I asked perplexed.

"The best/worst pet story." He replied this made Emily laugh, which made us laugh because, you know, laughs are infectious.

"We better get going i still have to show Cora around." Emily said standing up.

We said goodbye and when i was about to leave Aiden said "Training at 6am tomorrow in the gym."

"Why so early?" I groaned to myself.

Emily gave me the full tour of the top floor. There were 5 gyms, 6 rooms full of clothes and other rooms i couldn't possibly name. We ended up in the same kitchen that we were in this morning. There were already 3 plates of food on the table. When i looked closer i saw it was curry. God, it had been a long time since i had curry. I sat down and ate instantly.

When i had finished i washed my plate and said goodnight to max and emily and went to my room. I showered and got clothes ready for tomorrow's training, then climbed into bed and succumbed to sleep instantly.

*********************************************************************************

I was out of bed, dressed and ready to leave before the alarm had chance to go off. I had woken up with a surge of enery this morning.

I went into the kitchen and got an apple from the fruit bowl, i knew from previous experiences not to eat alot before training because you're guarenteed to see it again if you do.

After that i went to the gym that Aiden told me we would be training in. I looked at my watch and it said 5am. Was it really that early? I could have sworn it was 6am...hmmm. Oh, well.

I decided to do warm ups and use the treadmill. after using the treadmill for half an hour i went over to the punching bag and worked on my punching skills. that way i had worked my legs and arms.

I was so focused that i didn't notice Aiden come in, so i jumped when i turned around and saw him watching me. I suddenly became consciencious [ pronounced con-she-ence-ious, sorry really bad speller] of what i was wearing and what i looked like.

I was wearing black jogging bottoms and a plain black tank top, my hair was up in a ponytail to keep it out of my eyes. Aiden was wearing Black joggers and a plain black top. I guess i came wearing the right thing then, this made me a little less nervous.

"How long have you been here?" He asked me.

"About an hour." I told him. He gave me a look that clearly asked why? but didn't ask.

"I got up early thinking it was later." I told him.

"Okay, so what have you done so far?"

"I used the treadmill for half an hour and then the punching bag for another half an hour after stretching." I told him.

"Okay, that's good. Now we're going to practise fighting. Let's see if you've improved your bamboo skills." He chucked me a bamboo stick.

"It was you, the first time wasn't it?" I stated.

"Yes, but that was the only time." He told me.

Then, without a pause he came at me with the bamboo stick. He aimed for my legs but i could see this was a fake and he would probably go for my head. I pretended to try to block it but really going for a head block. our sticks met with a sound like thunder and Aiden said "Nice, but let's try something harder."

I didn't get chance to reply because he came at me again with the bamboo stick. We fought for an hour neither of us winning or losing. Each time i thought i had him he would block me or i would have to step back to avoid getting hit myself. He swung for my feet again i went to block my head but too late i realised he was actually going to sweep my legs out this time. So i quickly moved my stick, it was too late to block his swing but it was just the right moment to catch his foot as he stepped forward and send him flying.

I landed on my back on the floor and was joined a second later by Aiden, who landed on top of me. We were both breathing hard and i started to laugh. He laughed after a moment too.

Then he started to get up until our eyes met and i stopped laughing. His eyes were mesmerising, almost as mesmerising as his lips. My eyes flicked down towards his lips then back up to his eyes. I saw him starring at my lips too. My lips became very dry all of a sudden and i licked them.

All of the sudden, Aidens lips came crashing down onto mine. I put my hand on his chest about to push him off when the Kiss hit me. It was like every flavour in the world and my lips felt like fire where they met his. My hand that was going to push him off, gripped his hair and pressed him closer to me. I really needed to breathe and was about to push him back when he moved back and looked me in the eyes, breathing hard from the kiss. My head was spinning after the kiss and my lips tingling. Then he smiled at me and my heart almost exploded there and then.

*********************************************************************************

Sorry this took so long to do. I've had exams galore but now they're all over so i should upload sooner with the next one. thanks for being patient with me :)