I was behind Alaric and Elena was behind me. When she got in she turned her torch to the wall of the cave. There were many drawings, like those that the prehistoric people made, in order to describe their history.

"What is all these?" Elena made the obvious question. I was just staring the drawings in awe. Something told me they were very familiar for a reason.

"As far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple archeological terms, that's a really, really old story." Alaric explained.

"Apparently." I commented.

"Right there is the moon cycle." Alaric said pointing at a drawing. "A man, a wolf."

"A werewolf." Elena realized.

"Yes, that's the Lockwood diaries, pictorial style." Damon butted in.

"But, the Lockwoods weren't supposed to arrive in this area along with the original funders in 1860?" I asked confused.

"Well, maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves are here a lot longer than that." Alaric explained.

"How long?" Elena asked.

"Long. It gets better. Show them Ric." Damon answered bored.I raised an eyebrow, while Alaric pointed his torch at a place where something that looked like script was curved.

"Names... They are not native. They are written in Viking script."

"Vikings?" I said in disbelief.

"This name here, translated means Niklaus." Alaric continued. My jaw hit the ground.

"Elijah... And Rebekah..." I was speechless. He was that old? And the stupid fate wanted me to be with him? Seriously? Suddenly, I felt being drawn to that curved wall. I stood up and walked towards it.

"Cassie?" Elena called me.

I couldn't respond. I slowly stretched my hand and touched the wall. Several scenes passed by, but one remained. It was Rebekah curving her name. Klaus was there too. It took me a while to realize it was him and not someone that looked a lot like him. He seemed so innocent... So good... I wondered what made him change so much and become the heartless monster we all know... They were talking about Rebekah handling the blade and that their father will not like it when he finds out, which he always does. Rebekah points out that he is always the one to tell him. But, what Klaus says after that, leaves me completely speechless. He admits that his father frightens him. Who is frightened? The great Klaus Mikaelson. And who is afraid of? His father! Well, that was a shock! I didn't pay attention to the rest of the conversation and the scene started fading away. When, I was brought back to reality, I realized what had happened. I was now able to see the past too.

I moved my hand and turned by back to the wall, sitting again on the rock I was sitting previously. The others kept staring at me, but when they saw I wasn't going to respond, they got back to their conversation.

"These are the names of the Original family?" Elena asked in disbelief.

"Curved into a cave that has been here way before the funding of Mystic Falls or the entire New World for that matter."

"Ok, Klaus must be messing with us." Elena concluded.

"That's what I said."

"No." I said. They turned to look at me. "The names are written by the members of the Original family themselves." I stated.

"And how do you know that genius? I thought you were able to see only the future, not the past." Damon replied in a cocky attitude.

"That's what I thought too."