Chapter 16: Never Expected To Be Interested

Start from the beginning

This old man literally makes it a living hell for me. He expects me to do so much but that's what I need. He keeps pushing me, and that makes me work harder.

"Roberto I need you to call Laurena and tell her that I need her. Take a limo to her house whatever, just bring her to the house. And also get Nick and Luca." I say, pouring myself some scotch, from the hallway. I swear you'll find mini bars everywhere in this house.

"Sir, she's already here. She's in the back, inside the jacuzzi." He says and leaves to the backyard to call her.

"It's fine Roberto I'll handle it. Just tell the guys to get ready, and for them to bring their dates." I take off my jacket and hand it to Roberto.

I walk towards the jacuzzi and I find Laurena inside, eyes closed, yet drinking some wine. "What are you doing?" I say tiredly. I sit on one of the outside chairs, next to her and take off my tie. It's irritating.

She opens an eye and holds out her glass, wanting me to pour her some. I grab the glass from her hand and pour me some and drink the whole thing in one gulp. "Heyyy! I was drinking that." She pouts and reaches for the bottle, which I wave up in the air.

"Go take a shower and dress up really nice. You're coming with me to the gala, so hurry the fuck up." I demand and take the bottle of wine, walking towards the back door.

"Asshole." She mumbles, and gets out the water. I turn back around pretending that I need to tell her something else.

"Oh and by the way babe," I caress her cheek with my thumb and in a flash she's up against the brick wall. "Don't fucking talk to me that way, that tone of yours, needs to stop." I sneer and let her go. I turn to the direction of the door, to leave.

I hear her gasp for air, then she begans to cough violently. "You didn't have to do that." She says, with a raspy voice.

"How else would you have learned?" I smirk.

I head upstairs and into my bedroom. I switch the lights on and the room floods with light, so I adjust them, making them dimmer. I unbutton my shirt and throw it in the closet, along with my pants. Then I take off my belt and leave it on the bed.

I enter my bathroom and turn on the shower.

I take off the last piece of clothing and get in the shower, scorching hot water hitting every inch of my body.

One thing I cannot stand is disrespect. I hate when people disrespect me, like if I were their fucking dog. Laurena saw it coming, it's not the first time I did that and yet she's still here, with me. I've known her for a long time, and she knows I don't mess around. She still sticks by my side like glue, because she somewhat understands me, and she knows how to trigger my anger. Also she's probably with me for the sex. And our fathers do business, but they aren't friends, just business keeps them talking.

I step out of the shower, the mirrors foggy and the bathroom dimmer. I wrap my waist with a towel and get ready for the gala.

~~~~~

We stop at Laurena's father's house and I wait for her to appear out of the house.

I finally see her walking out of the house, with a frown on her face. She's probably still mad, like I give a fuck, but I'll try being the nice guy just for today. I open the door for her to come inside the limo and make her sit next to me, so I can make her happy with pathetic sweet whisperings.