"I'm gonna make you scowl more often, now."

Involuntarily, my grip around Jo's hand tightened, as I waited for my name to be called out.

"Ashley Parker, you're next." Said the cameraman, an elderly person who didn't even bother to compliment me.

I looked at myself once more in the mirror. My 'totes perf' look for my warrior dance consisted on a black bralet with gold borders and a knee-length golden skirt, with black borders. My hair lay open, and my makeup read 'fierce' and 'dangerous'.

And plus, however crazy that Amanda had been, she'd got me some really kick-ass moves.

I nodded absentmindedly to Jo as she called, "All the best!" As I walked onto the stage, my poise perfect, my eyes narrowed.

I smiled a bit at seeing Mr. Jones, but the two other judges had changed. One, I couldn't recognize, but one was the winner of last year's Girl-Queen pageant, Sasha Penelope. What? I knew my pageants pretty cool.

"What are you going to present?" Mr. Jones asked amicably.

I dimpled. "A warrior dance."

The one I didn't recognize nodded, impressed. "I like your costume."

"Me too." I said, smiling wider.

She chuckled. "I heard about you, Ms. Parker. You're indeed worthy of all the praise."

"Hearing you judges say that makes all my efforts worthy too, ma'am." I flashed at her a million-dollar smile.

"Let's see you show your talent, Ashley." Mr. Jones winked, and I nodded, sighing.

I took my position, shifting weight to my left foot, as the lights dimmed. I pursed my lips, and muttered, "Go Playgirl Parker." Before the quick rhythm began playing, and I started.

It began with a bunch of simple steps, moving on to postures of fierceness, and then I did a cartwheel on one hand, and took a leap in the air, matching the rhythm as I struck a ballet pose, even as I clutched the handles of two small knifes. I did the schedule, matched the drill, did what I had practised, over ten times since morning, the knife walk.

I walked, with poise and posture, swaying my hips more than usual, and sending knifes whizzing at dummies, Lee had surprisingly got and placed at each corner of the stage, with each step I took. In the end of the eight-step march, I did another graceful half-cartwheel, and pumped a fist in the air as the music changed to something more graceful.

I finished my act with some plain ballet moves, as graceful as I could be, and I ended, as I bowed, keeping just my head up, was I breathlessly stood there for a moment.

The crowd burst into applause. I straighted up in time, to see my supporters, a bunch of people holding PARKER up in their hands. Each of them held one letter high up in the air, and the crowd was cheering like crazy.

My eyes fell on each of their faces, and I warmed up with each look. They were my friends, Jo held 'P', Evelyn held 'A', she had to stand on the chair, Lee held 'R', Daniel held 'K', Bennett held 'E' and Sean held 'R'. I blew them a kiss, and turned to the judges, to see Mr. Jones giving me a standing applause, as the two ladies also nodded approvingly.

"Wonderful!" Mr. Jones yelled, not even using the mic. "That was plain wonderful!"

"I loved how you mixed feminism with this warrior stuff, and made it plain perfect!" The one in middle, Sasha Penelope said, clapping. "And you were energetic, in your form, and downright gorgeous all throughout."

I beamed widely.

"Yeah, Ashley." The one I didn't know nodded. "You were the best contestant we had today. Just brilliant."