Chapter 15: What goes on, goes on

Start from the beginning

"You know what? Whenever any of you need help with your stupid work, count me out. Go to the house's idiot to help you." And with that I stand up and leave, with the yells of the guys apologizing and telling me to come back.

Life never felt so easy. Do you know how easy it is to track people and hunt them down? Or how to look up their personal business and records? In three months I already had twelve-thousand dollars. Each day I was payed three-thousand but if I worked double, than they would pay me double. I was also good at math and basically everything else, so every one considered me the brain of the house. I'm not getting cocky and saying that I'm the best but honestly it was like I was born to do this. I know my parents wouldn't want me doing this but I have my reasons. Which I choose not to share with them. At least not now.

I take a shower, which takes thirty minutes, then I finally relax when I don't smell like smoke and blood, from the first job we were doing.

I snuggle into my bed, and fall asleep, remembering the nightmares I've been getting for almost a year now. Days and days I would wake up panting and sweaty. I reach for the glass of water beside my nightstand and gulp it all down. I couldn't do anything about them, just like how I couldn't do anything when my parents and brother were announced dead.

In my opinion, life is too short to live it how other people want you to live it. That's why I couldn't care less what other people thought of me.

Mhm tomorrow is going to be a long day.

~~~~~~

I send Ethan a message, five hours before the Gala, and wait patiently for his text. If I don't get a date, oh well. Ethan is probably busy, but at least he's done with the whole fake girlfriend thing.

*Ding

Ethan:"Yea, what time should I pick you up?"

Me:"The gala doesn't start till 6, so come by like at six, so we're not too early. The ride is thirty minutes."

I text him the address and he agrees to come. I go downstairs wondering where the guys are, or what they're doing. I wonder through the hallways, and different rooms, then I head to the gym, where all the noise is coming from. Music is blasting and I look around, seeing as guys are working out and their shirts, drenching in sweat.

This is why I love the gym. I've also been losing weight and getting in shape. But the guys are the reason why I love coming here.

"Hey Rose."

"Rose."

"Hey"

"Hey, how are you doing Rose?"

The guys all nod in my direction and welcome me. I nod back and go to the treadmill, turning it on and I begin running. They all call me Rose instead of Lana but outside of here, they're suppose to call me Lana. Confusing I know.

"So who did you find as your date. Aww you took the post guy?" Chris teases once again.

I don't bother giving him my glare so I just stare ahead. "You'll find out when he comes. Now can you go lose the weight of that big head of yours." I reply.